iOptron CEM60 Equatorial Mount w/ High-End Encoders
With this CEM60 Equatorial Mount w/ High-End Encoders, iOptron continues to improve their equatorial mounts and the CEM60 is no exception to this rule. Capable of carrying a payload of 60 pounds the CEM 60 is also comparatively lightweight at only 27 pounds for the mount head. By balancing the payload over the center of gravity, iOptron has created an equatorial mount that has one of the best weight to payload ratios. In addition to it's trim weight, other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod or pier. Plus polar aligning is quick and always accessible because the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The iOptron CEM60 EQ is equipped with GoToNova's GoTo advanced technology, and is one of the most robust and precise GOTO mounts on the market. The Go2Nova's Hand Controller is exceptionally user friendly to use and holds a database of over 300,000 objects.
The CEM60-EC version has a high resolution encoder on the RA axis to perform real-time error correction. iOptron technicians state that unguided error is .5 arc sec, which does not take into account the effects of atmospheric turbulence which may increase or decrease the amount of error. While the EC version is not an absolute encoder, meaning that it won't remember its position if the RA clutch is disengaged or if the mount is rotated manually, the CEM60 firmware does have the capability to recover the mount's position in the unlikely event that power is accidently shut-down.
The CEM60-EC Version should bear strong consideration for those who wish to have the very best tracking performance available in the CEM60 mount, particularly for imaging with long focal length instruments
iOptron CEM60 Equatorial Mount Features
- Center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for minimal mount weight but maximum payload capacity.
- RMS PE is less than 0.5 arc sec
- Ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers.
- Patent pending non-contact magnetically loaded gear system.
- Payload capacity of 60 lb (27.2 kg) with a mount-only weight of 27 lb (12.3 kg).
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged.
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0 degrees latitude operation.
- Screw/worm type latitude adjuster for precision adjustments.
- Milling machine tooling vise type latitude bearing and locks system for rock solid positioning.
- User side azimuth fine adjusters for easy azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.06 arc sec accuracy for precise GoTo and accurate tracking.
- iOptron AccuAligning's calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment.
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star.
- Go2Nova - 8407 controller with Advanced GoToNova's GoTo Technology with built in heater.
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port.
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Built-in or customized cable management system.
- Spring loaded Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle.
OPT Product Number: IO-7201
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Does this mount is really stocked? CEM 60 is unavailable thus I assume the encodered version is not yet released as well.
We received a few more IO-7201 mounts than we had preorders for, so the stock indication is correct. Keep an eye on it, because they may sell through quickly and we would them be waiting for another shipment from iOptron.
What is RMS PE ? PE means periodic error, but I don't know what RMS means.How does a RMS PE of 0.5" compare to absolute PE ?
RMS means Root Mean Square. It is a statistical method of measuring the average amount of deviation from the zero point. Generally speaking, an RMS of 0.5" will correspond to approximately 1-1.5 arcseconds of peak to valley PE.
Is this mount ASCOM compliant?
Yes, There are ASCOM drivers available for the Ioptron CEM60.
I have a Losmandy G11 Tripod. Does this mount fit on a Losmandy tripod?
Unfortunately, the IOptron mounts are not compatible with the Losmandy G11 tripod, at least not without creation of an interface-plate. That is a fantastic tripod, though. It may be worth working with a machinist to have an adapter custom made.
Hi, does this mount come with the plastic carry case? Thank.
The CEM60 does include a hard case, though it is made of metal with die cut foam inside.