The iOptron SkyTracker Camera Mount Package in Black accepts cameras up to 7.7 lb. Use for auto-tracking with a smooth camera motion and take long exposure images of celestial objects.
With your digital SLR, an iOptron SkyTracker camera mount and a tripod, you'll be taking guided, long exposures of the night sky in no time. Take wide-field images of the Milky Way without star trails!
The iOptron SkyTracker is easy to set up:
- Just attach the Sky Tracker to a sturdy photographic tripod, and then slide and lock your digital camera into the saddle.
- Next, align the SkyTracker to Polaris, the North Star, using the included dark-field illuminated polar scope.
- Then turn on the motor.
- That's it! The system is now compensating for the earth's rotation!
The unique DC servo motor keeps your camera in motion to avoid star trails and it allows you to take long exposures for beautiful images of the night sky. The iOptron SkyTracker runs on 4 AA batteries for portability at any location. This complete package comes with a black SkyTracker, polar scope, a tripod with 1.25 Inch diameter legs, and a heavy-duty ball head; everything you need but the camera!
iOptron Sky Tracker Camera Mount Package Highlights
- The SkyTracker accepts cameras weighing up to 7.7 lb
- Provides auto-tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long exposures
- The iOptron SkyTracker has a heavy-duty cast aluminum body with a plasticized painted finish
- Adjustable AZ Base for easy polar positioning
- This system comes with an integrated compass and geared latitude adjustment wedge for easy polar alignment
- You'll also receive the AccuAligning dark-field illuminated polar scope to assist in polar alignment
- The StarTracker will run up to 24 hours on 4AA batteries
- The tripod is made of stainless steel and has 1.25 Inch legs.
- The high performance ball head with quick release plate allows for 360 degrees precision pan measurement
SkyTracker Technical Specifications
- Payload (MAX): 7.7 lb
- Weight: 2.6 lb (1.2 kg) w/o battery
- Wheel: 80 mm, 156 teeth Aluminum Alloy
- Worm gear: 11 mm, brass
- Bearing: 4 pieces
- Drive: DC servo motor
- Tracking: R.A. auto
- Tracking Speed: Cel, 1/2 Cel, N/S
- Latitude Adjust Range: 0 to about 70 degrees
- Polar Sight Hole: about 8.5 deg. FOV
- Polar Scope: 6 deg. FOV with dark field illuminated
- Power Consumption: DC 4.8 or 6V, 0.06A at Max. load
- Power Requirement: (4) AA batteries (not included)
- DC Power/ External: DC 9 or 12V, 500mA (Optional)
- Duration of operation: 24 hours at 20 deg.C
- Built in Accessory: Compass, Adjustable Azimuth and Altitude
- Dimension: 153 x 104 x 58 mm
- Operating temperature: neg.-10 deg.C to 40 deg.C
- Base Connect: 3/8 Inch
- Warranty: One year limited
OPT Product Number: IO-3400B