- Combination battery pack and counterweight
- Outputs 12v/8Ah power
- Weights 7 lbs in use as a Counterweight
- Accepts 100-240v AC Input
iOptron PowerWeight Battery Pack for Most iOptron Mounts
The iOptron PowerWeight rechargeable counterweight battery pak is specifically designed for use with the iOptron iEQ45, iEQ30, ZEQ25, MiniTower , MiniTower II, and MiniTowerPro mounts.
Use this battery pak in place of your traditional counterweight (CW), and avoid long extension cords. Inside the counterweight are six (6) heavy-duty spiral wound valve-regulated lead-acid (VRLA) battery cells. The 8 amp-hour power pack provides power for operation of your telescope gear out in the field.
iOptron PowerWeight Battery Pack Highlights
- 6 cell heavy duty spiral wound VRLA battery
- 12V/8Ah output
- No memory effect
- No liquid spill
- Two parallel sockets for powering an extra accessory
- Either socket can be used for charging pr power drawing
- Can be used as a 7lb counterweight
iOptron PowerWeight Counterweight Battery Specifications
- Output : 12V/8Ah
- LED Indicator: RED: charging, GREEN: charge complete
- Dimensions : 5.5" x 4.33"
- Input: 100-240V AC adaptor
- Weight : 7 lb
- Working Temp: -50 degree Celsius to +60 degree Celsius
- PowerWeight battery pack
- Power cable
- Adaptor bar
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
How long would a fully charged pack last with normal slewing and tracking ? Cheers. Tony
That would depend on the mount, the outside air temperature, and the time spent slewing vs. tracking, but with most iOptron mounts you would generally get between 6-10 hours of use with this battery.
Is it possible to buy just the power cable curly cords? What is the part number.
Stefan, yes you can buy the power cable! The part number is IO-9999 and the price is $29.95.
Will this fit on an LXD-75 mount?
Technically, the Powerweight will fit on the LXD75 mount counterweight shaft, but iOptron and Meade use different power connections, so you cannot power that mount with this power supply.
Will this power my Celestron AVX mount?
Yes, as Celestron and iOptron share the same power connection and polarity. The AVX can pull almost 3 amps at full slew, so it may last a few hours but you may need more power for a trip out that is longer than one night.