The IDAS Hα-enhanced UV/IR blocking (HEUIB-II) Filter for ASI cameras:
This Hα-enhanced UV/IR blocking (HEUIB-II) Filter is for ZWO ASI cameras with the M42 interface. (APS-C or smaller sensors (except for the 2600MC sensor).
This H-alpha Enhanced UV/IR Blocking filter is designed for enhanced spectrum DSLR and one-shop color CCD astronomical cameras. It moves the IR and UV ends of the spectrum which are usually out of focus in refractive optics. Isolating the common Ha line relative to the surrounding extreme red end of the spectrum makes it easy to bring out the faint H-alpha emission nebulosity of for astronomical imaging while retaining the background color balance of the broader bands.
Below are two comparison shots taken with the enhanced Canon 6DH (standard Canon UV/IR blocking filter vs. HEUIB-II filter) show a clear difference both in background sky color balance and contrast of H-alpha nebulosity in the extremely faint object IC1396. Note the good background color balance as shown in the histograms of the individual color channels of the HEUIB-II filtered image. Click on images to view enlargements.
Body-mounted filters for ASI cameras
- 1.1mm thickness
- The required t-thread male length : 3.9mm to 4.3mm
- Fully made in Japan
- Fits ASI M42-interface cameras (APS-C or smaller sensor except 2600MCPro)
1) Image from a Canon 6DH with standard Canon UV/IR blocking filter.
2) Image from a Canon 6DH with IDAS HEUIBII filter.
- 1.1mm thickness.
- The required t-thread male length : 3.9mm to 4.3mm.
- Fully made in Japan.
- Fits ASI M42-interface cameras (APS-C or smaller sensor except 2600MCPro).
- The set includes 2 spacer rings for the proper spacing adjustment.