FLI ProLine PL11002 Color Grade 1 CCD Camera - No Mechanical Shutter
FLI ProLine PL11002 Color Grade 1 CCD Camera - No Mechanical ShutterThe ProLine Imaging System sets a new standard in CCD camera performance and flexibility. As FLI's flagship imaging system, the Proline cameras feature user selectable download speeds, choice of cooling base configurations, and a separate hermetically-sealed chamber for the CCD and electronics. Every major component of the ProLine is CNC machined to ensure a long life in the most demanding conditions. The ProLine base / heat sink, shutter housing and front flange are each machined from a single piece of high-grade aluminium. (Being part of the base assembly, even the ProLine fan cover is CNC machined!) The electrical printed circuit boards use only the highest quality components and are protected from harsh environment without the need for conforming coatings.
Breaking new ground in download speeds, the ProLine provides the user with extremely fast user-selectable download speeds. You can download images at 12 mega-pixels per second for focusing. This means that an un-binned image can be downloaded to your PC in as little as 1 second! For imaging, the download time can be slowed to reduce the noise in the final image. The ProLine achieves a sustainable 65-degrees C cooling performance. This means you can operate your camera at Neg.30-degrees C with ambient temperatures of up to 35-degrees C (84-degrees F) for lowest dark current and its attendant noise. No additional cooling or cooling sequence staging is necessary but a liquid cooling option is available to achieve a wider range.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. Each ProLine camera has an internal memory capacity so that the imaging chip can be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image. Through sophisticated design and production techniques, the ProLine image sensor is accurately aligned so that the imaging chip is perpendicular to the optical path without shims or other post-assembly adjustments. This is crucially important as chips get larger to insure the entire frame of your image is in focus.
FLI ProLine CCD Camera Feature Overview:
- The ProLine standard window has the highest transmittance available (aprox.97-percent to below 390 nm). Systems that require higher transmittance are supplied with windows with extended high transmittance to 180 nm.
- The ProLine shutter avoids the issue of particles falling from the shutter onto the sensor surface.
- ProLine is setup with external triggering for those applications that require it.
- The ProLine allows a user to power and connect an FLI focuser and filter wheel directly - avoiding long messy cables.
- ProLine standard air cooled base provides up to 65 deg C differential.
- Selectable download speeds up to 12 mega-pixels/seconds and On-board frame buffer standard
- CCD over-scan capability, Field upgradeable firmware and USB 2.0 high speed serial interfaces
- Triple TEC Cooling for true, maintainable 65-degrees C cooling and separate hermetically-sealed chambers
- Electronics and sensor are back filled with medical-grade Argon
- Low noise, 16-bit operation and High tolerance sensor alignment and orthogonality
- 100-percent CNC Machined Sub-Assemblies with High Transmission camera windows (97-percent) and Custom window available with transmission below 200 nm
About The Kodak KAI-11002 Grade 1 Sensor:The Kodak KAI-11002 Image Sensor is a high-performance 11-million pixel sensor designed for professional digital still camera applications. The 9.0 microns square pixels with micro-lenses provide high sensitivity and the large full well capacity results in high dynamic range.
The two high-speed outputs and binning capabilities allow for 1-3 frames per second (fps) video rate for the progressively scanned images. The vertical overflow drain structure provides anti-blooming protection and enables electronic shuttering for precise exposure control. Other features include low dark current, negligible lag and low smear.
Kodak KAI-11002 Grade 1 Sensor Features:
- Total Number of Pixels: 4072 (H) x 2720 (V) = 11.1M
- Number of Effective Pixels: 4032 (H) x 2688 (V) = 10.8M
- Number of Active Pixels: 4008 (H) x 2672 (V) = 10.7M
- Number of Outputs: 1 or 2 - Dynamic Range: 66 dB
- Pixel Size: 9.0 microns (H) x 9.0 microns (V)
- Imager Size: 43.3 mm (diagonal)
- Chip Size: 37.25 mm (H) x 25.70 mm (V)
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 - Saturation Signal: 60,000 electrons
- Quantum Efficiency (KAI-11002-ABA) - Maximum Data Rate: 28 MHz
- Mono: 50-percent - Color (RGB): 34-percent, 37-percent, 42-percent
- Output Sensitivity - 13 mV/e- Total Noise: 30 electrons
- Dark Current: Less than 50 mV/s Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7-degrees C
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: Over 0.99999 - Blooming Suppression: Less than 1000X Smear: Less than Neg.80 dB Image Lag: Less than 10 electrons
- Package: 40-pin, CerDIP, 0.070 pin spacing - Cover Glass: AR Coated
- High resolution - High sensitivity - High dynamic range
- Low noise architecture - High frame rate
- Binning capability for higher frame rate - Electronic shutter
- Industrial Imaging and Medical Imaging Applications
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.