FLI MicroLine ML4022 Monochrome CCD Camera - No Mechanical Shutter
About the FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series
Goodbye Goliath! MicroLine CCD cameras are smaller and lighter-weight than the competition, but outperforms them in key areas such as noise, frame quality, download speeds, bit-depth, and CCD cooling.
FLI MicroLine CCD cameras feature fast download speeds that simply leave the competition behind. Each component of the FLI MicroLine camera is designed and manufactured for a long life in the most demanding conditions. All major components are CNC machined and you're looking at only the highest quality electrical components and circuit boards with logo, serial number and focal plane indicators laser-etched on the surface - not printed. FLI designed photo-etched stainless-steel shutters are field-serviceable should they ever encounter damage and the sensor is hermetically sealed from dust and moisture.
What sets FLI MicroLine CCD Cameras apart is their small form factor. At 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches (HWL), the FLI MicroLine is a small camera with big camera capabilities! The Microline improves upon the highly successful FLI MaxCam design in a number of key areas including cooling, download speeds, clear aperture, and sensor capability.
Now, let's talk about FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Cooling... The FLI MicroLineƒ???????????s robust cooling design achieves a sustainable cooling performance of 50-55??? deg C below ambient. The cameraƒ???????????s CCD can be operated at -30??? deg C with typical room temperatures and without the need for water cooling (sold as a separate option, visit the Accessories section for a list of choices) or special cooling sequences. Simply set the MicroLine cooling where you want it and the camera will do the rest ƒ??????????? quickly and worry-free.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. The MicroLine avoids these issues with its internal frame buffer, thus allowing an image to be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image.
When it comes the FLI MicroLine, you get system compatibility and mounting options as well as mechanical shutter, liquid cooling, and Anti-Dew Technology options that will help you trick out your camera the way you want it. The MicroLine line of CCD cameras is compatible with all FLI imaging accessories, including the Precision line of Color Filter Wheels and Digital Focusers. MicroLine camera adapters are available for microscope, telescope and machine vision connectivity. Scroll down for a list of available time-of-purchase options for this camera model and sensor combination.
FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series Features in a Nutshell..
- Storage temperature range: -50???C to +100???C - Operation temperature range: -40???C to +50???C - Relative humidity operating range: 95%
- Heavy weight performance in a 2.8 lbs package with Liquid and Air Cooled bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard and AR Coated Windows
- Video mode with interline sensors and Small Footprint (3.7 x 3.7 x 5in.)
- Power requirements: 12V - Reaches operating temperatures in 5 minutes!
- Ideal for X-ray Applications, Astronomical Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Medical Applications, and Forensic Applications.
Designed for demanding imaging applications, this sensor has additional features including electronic shuttering, peak QE (quantum efficiency) of 55%, extremely low noise and low dark current. These features give this sensor exceptional sensitivity and make it ideal for a variety of imaging applications.
Kodak KAI-04022 Imaging Sensor Features
- Maximum Frame Rates: 8 fps (single output) 16 fps (dual output) - Image Lag:
- Dark Current: < 0.5 nA/cm2 - Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7???C
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: > 0.99999 - Charge Capacity: 40,000 electrons - Number of Outputs: 1 or 2
- Active Image Size: 15.15mm (H) x 15.15mm (V) 21.43mm (diagonal) - Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Peak Quantum Efficiency: 55% - Readout Noise (f=10MHz): 9 electrons, rms
- Package Type: 34 pin CerDIP - Cover Glass: AR Coated, 2 side
Available Options For This FLI MicroLine Camera System...
- 25mm Mechanical Shutter Option
- 45mm Mechanical Shutter Option
- 63.5mm Mechanical Shutter Option
- Anti-Dew Technology (ADT) Option - Available for all Microline cameras with the 63.5mm shutter, so if you want this option on this camera, you will need to purchase the 63.5mm shutter option as well. In most environments, the temperature of camera window will be above the dew point. In some cases dew may form on the outside of the camera window due to the combination of high humidity, ambient temperature and the window temperature. The ADT corrects this problem, allowing for operation in very humid environments.
- Standard Liquid Cooling Option: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body.
- Liquid Cooling Option with Double Shut-Off: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body but with the added feature of double-shut off valves.
- Liquid Cooling Option with Dry Disconnect: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body but with the added feature of dry disconnect valves.
If you would like any of the options listed in the above information, please either click on the links and then add your choices to your shopping cart, or visit the Accessories section to see a full list of options. If you aren't sure which options are best for your set-up, please feel free to contact us by email or phone at 1-800-483-6287 and we will be happy to put together a custom package just for you! Thank you.
FLI Product Number: ML4022
|Camera Series||FLI Microline|
|Front or Back Illumination||Front|
|Sensor Design||Interline Transfer|
|Sensor Manufacturer||Truesense formerly Kodak|
|Single or Dual Sensor||Single|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|