The DayStar SR 127 mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope is tuned specifically to the 0.7 Angstrom bandpass to capture larger views of prominences (see image below) in high-contrast, and surface texture.
Features of the DayStar SR 127 mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope
- Design offers Quantum control built-in for easy set-up and operation.
- Digital readout and precision tuning control.
- It uses 12VDC power and can run off batteries.
- 2-inch steel track and rack and pinion focuser for added strength.
- Housed in SolaREDi, microprocessor-controlled, works in all outside temperatures, requires power.
- Fully multi-coated optics.
- 2-element Barlow system produces a longer effective focal length than the optical tube length.
Technical Details of the DayStar SR 127 mm Solar Telescope
- Operating Temperature: 20-100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wavelength Shift Range: Plus or Minus 1 Angstrom.
Power Supply: DC 12V, maximum of 120 mA, 2.1x5.5 mm.
AC Adapter included: 120-240VAC.
Power Consumption: 1.5 watts.