The DayStar SR 127 mm Dedicated Solar Telescope is tuned specifically to the 0.5 Angstrom bandpass to capture detailed views of prominences (see images below), and surface texture.
Features of the DayStar SR 0.5 Angstrom Solar Telescope
- Design offers Quantum control built-in for easy set-up and operation.
- Digital readout and precision tuning control.
- It uses 12VDC power and can run off batteries.
- 2-inch steel track and rack and pinion focuser for added strength.
- Housed in SolaREDi, microprocessor-controlled, works in all outside temperatures, requires power.
- Fully multi-coated optics.
- 2-element Barlow system produces a longer effective focal length than the optical tube length.
Technical Details of the DayStar SR 127 mm Solar Telescope
Operating Temperature: 20-100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wavelength Shift Range: Plus or Minus 1 Angstrom.
Power Supply: DC 12V, maximum of 120 mA, 2.1x5.5 mm.
AC Adapter included: 120-240VAC.
Power Consumption: 1.5 watts.