The DayStar SR 127 mm 0.4 Angstrom Solar Telescopeis tuned specifically to the 0.4 Angstrom to specifically improve solar surface contrast and fine chromosphere details (see images below). A 0.4 Angstrom bandwidth provides a general study of the photospheric, chromospheric, prominence and atmospheric areas of the Sun.
Features of the DayStar SR 0.4 Angstrom Solar Telescope
- Design offers Quantum control built-in for easy set-up and operation.
- Digital readout and precision tuning control.
- It uses 12VDC power and can run off batteries.
- 2-inch steel track and rack and pinion focuser for added strength.
- Housed in SolaREDi, microprocessor-controlled, works in all outside temperatures, requires power.
- Fully multi-coated optics.
- 2-element Barlow system produces a longer effective focal length than the optical tube length.
Technical Details of the DayStar SR 127 MM Solar Telescope
Operating Temperature: 20-100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wavelength Shift Range: Plus or Minus 1 Angstrom.
Power Supply: DC 12V, maximum of 120 mA, 2.1x5.5 mm.
AC Adapter included: 120-240VAC.
Power Consumption: 1.5 watts.