DayStar Spotting Scope Quark - Prominence
- Turn your Spotting Scope into a Solar Scope!
- Select to view Chromosphere or Prominence
- View Filaments and Sunspots w/C
- View Prominences and CMEs in Action w/P
DayStar Spotting Scope Quark - ProminenceThe DayStar Instruments Spotting Scope Quark - Hydrogen-Alpha Filter with a choice of Chromosphere or Prominence is now in for Spotting Scope owners. This All-In-One design marries high-quality components of adapters, snouts, and Daystar hydrogen-alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high-quality optics of DayStar Instruments at an affordable price.
For use on Spotting Scopes. The user needn't worry about configurations. Just thread the Spotting Scope Quark into the barrel, add an eyepiece and view.
- Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final scope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominences or surface (chromosphere). No specific Full-Width-at-Half-Maximum (FWHM) bandpass is designated. Either model is available for the same price.
- Now observers can select a filter to buy based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose between prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both selections are available for the same low price! The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece-sized device.
Some Specifications and Features:
- Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656 nm wavelength. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off an optional small, palm-sized battery pack. Not for use with full aperture SCTs, or damage to your secondary mirror may result. SCTs must use an off-axis ERF, sold separately.
- There is a brass compression ring to protect your eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5V 1.5 amp Includes 90 to 240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters. Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5A with detents at every 0.1A LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- 10-year warranty - GUARANTEE: Used as directed, your DayStar filter is guaranteed for ten years as stated on warranty document included in the product shipment. Should the filter become inoperative due to optical or mechanical failure, we will repair the filter or replace it with an equivalent filter at no repair cost to the customer. Please note DayStar's Advance Replacement Policy on their warranty document.
- Integrated 25 mm blocking filter, 21 mm clear filter aperture.
- No Barlow lenses or focusing elements included. This unit is a 0-power filter only.
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack and 2 Inch female eyepiece adapter are available.
OPT Product Number Selections:
- Spotting Scope Chromosphere #DF-DS4SC
- Spotting Scope Prominence #DF-DS4SP
|Warranty||10 Year Warranty|
- DayStar Quark for Spotting Scopes, (Select either Chromosphere or Prominence)
- DayStar Instrument's 10 Year Warranty GUARANTEE Document