DayStar Quark Calcium Solar Eyepiece
DayStar Quark Calcium H-Line Solar Eyepiece
The Quark by DayStar is a unique solar observing eyepiece with an all in one design that eliminates the need for special adapters. The Calcium model renders the sun in a blue-violet color using H-line wavelength so that observers of all ages can see the beautiful details of the solar surface. For use with telescopes with a focal length of f/7 or longer, simply insert your diagonal, add your choice of the eyepiece and start observing. Shorter telescopes will need a 2 or 2.5x TeleVue Powermate for optimal performance.
The Quark is not only lightweight and compact in design but also sips power. With the small optional battery pack, the Quark can run all day on a single charge. Additional baffles have been added to the DayStar Quark to increase contract. AR coatings are optimized for the 397nm wavelength. The result is a stunning and vibrant violet colored view of the Sun.
For safe operation, you must purchase an Energy Rejection Filter specific to your telescope. The Calcium Quark is not compatible with front mount ERF filters.
DayStar Quark Calcium H-Line Features:
- Calcium H line (3968.5), approx 5nm FWHM.
- 1.25" eyepiece snout with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal or focuser
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 21mm clear filter aperture. No barlow or focusing elements included.
- Best performance with F/7 - F/30 refractors full aperture.
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~1800mm focal length
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.