The DayStar Quantum H-Alpha 0.3 Angstrom Solar Filter (Standard Edition) is calibrated for the H-Alpha wavelength at 6562.8 Angstrom and is engineered to be used mainly for the study of the photosheric, chromospheric, prominence and atmospheric areas of the Sun. With its 0.3 Angstrom bandwidth, observe improved solar surface contrast and solar prominences (see image below). Use it on a variety of telescopes as it is installed at the back of the OTA rather than the front.
Features of the DayStar Quantum H-Alpha 0.3 Angstrom Solar Filter
- Live LCD readout of the filter's wavelength output (accurate to 0.1 Angstrom).
- Red/blue wing shift buttons that can precisely tune wavelength up or down for Doppler studies.
- Operates at 12VDC for field or batter use. A 100-240 power supply is included
- Serial port for computer control capability for on-screen display of filter readout.
Technical Features of the DayStar H-Alpha Solar Filter
- Wavelength: 6562.8 Angstrom.
- Multi-Coated: Yes.
- Environmental Limits: 32 - 104 degrees Farenheit / 0 to 40 degrees Celsius.
- Humidity: 20 - 80%, non-condensing.
- Dimensions Diameter: 3.0 inches.
- Length: 1.7 inches.
- Length with filter mounting plates: 2.2 inches.
- Weight: 16.0 ounces.