The DayStar Quantum H-Alpha 0.7 Angstrom Filter (Standard Edition) is calibrated for the H-Alpha wavelength at 6562.8 Angstrom revealing prominences in exceptional high contrast and surface texture (see image below). Use it on a variety of telescopes as it is installed at the back of the OTA rather than the front.
Features of the DayStar Quantum H-Alpha 0.7A Filter
- Live LCD readout of the filter's wavelength output (accurate to 0.1 Angstrom).
- Red/blue wing shift buttons that can precisely tune wavelength up or down for Doppler studies.
- Operates at 12VDC for field or batter use. A 100-240 power supply is included
- Serial port for computer control capability for on-screen display of filter readout.
Technical Details of the DayStar Quantum SE 0.7A Solar Filter
- Wavelength: 6562.8 Angstrom.
- Multi-Coated: Yes.
- Environmental Limits: 32 - 104 degrees Farenheit / 0 to 40 degrees Celsius.
- Humidity: 20 - 80%, non-condensing.
- Dimensions Diameter: 3.0 inches.
- Length: 1.7 inches.
- Length with filter mounting plates: 2.2 inches.
- Weight: 16.0 ounces.
- Requires ERF or UV/IR cut filter, plus Powermate Barlow or stop down mask to reach f/27-f/35 focal ratio for best performance (user-supplied).