DayStar 80mm Clear Aperture Energy Rejection Filter
DayStar Filters - DayStar 80 mm Energy Rejection Filter (ERF)A DayStar Clear Aperture ERF, or energy rejection filter, has its rule. First and foremost, the DayStar Energy Rejection Filter must cover the front objective of any telescope using rear-mounted DayStar T-Scanners or Quantum H-alpha filters. They are "telescope specific" designed"!
What makes a DayStar Energy Rejection Filter work? ERF's reduce the heat load on your filter assembly by absorbing or reflecting ultra-violet and/or infra-red light and transmitting light in the desired visual spectrum. These filters are sometimes red or yellow optical glass, or dielectric IR and UV, but pass the light through in the desired visual spectrum. The DayStar ERF can also serve as an aperture mask to accomplish a straight angle of incidence for light entering the filter.
Because they are a speciality item, DayStar Energy Rejection Filter assemblies operate best at focal ratio of f/30 and slower. Creating an f/30 configuration can be done easily with the proper DayStar ERF and/or a barlow lens. Higher resolution, larger aperture configurations (such as full or half aperture) use a barlow lens, which is sold separately. In order to compute the proper aperture reduction mask, divide your telescope EFL or Focal Length by 30. To compute the proper aperture using a barlow, use the adjusted EFL which includes multiplication by your barlow.
Choosing a DayStar Energy Rejection FilterAll DayStar Energy Rejection Filters are priced by clear aperture, and include the chosen aperture glass, a cell to fit the diameter of your telescope OTA, and a telescope end cap.
Here is a list of common telescopes that can use a 80mm DayStar ERF in either full, half, or reduced configurations:
- Meade 10-inch LX200 - Reduced
- Meade 12-inch LX200 - Reduced
- Meade 14-inch LX200 - Reduced
- Meade 16-inch LX200 - Reduced
- Celestron 9.25-inch SCT - Reduced
- Takahashi Mewlon 210 - Reduced
- AP 160 mm f/7.5 Starfire - Half with 2X PowerMate
- Tele Vue TV85 f/7 - Full with 4X PowerMate
- Tele Vue NP101 f/5.4 - Full with 4X PowerMate
- Meade 6-inch f/8 Refractor - Half with 2X PowerMate
- Celestron 80 mm f/11.25 SLT - Full with 2.5X PowerMate
- Celestron 80 mm f/7.5 Refractor - Full with 4X PowerMate
- Celestron 100 mm f/9 Refractor - Half with 2.5X PowerMate
- Celestron 102 mm f/9.8 Omni - Half with 2.5X PowerMate
- William Optics Megrez 90 f/6.9 - Full with 4X PowerMate
- William Optics FLT132 - Half with 2.5X PowerMate
- Orion Explorer 80 mm f/11.4 - Full with 4X PowerMate
- Vixen ED81 f/7.7 - Full with 4X PowerMate
- TMB 130 mm f/7 - Half with 2.5X PowerMate
Remember, you are not done ordering your ERF until you have specified the telescope you plan to use with your DayStar Quantum or T-Scanner (rear mounted) filter. If the telescope is listed above, the make and model (i.e. Meade 8-inch LX200-ACF) is sufficient. However, if you do not see your telescope listed here, please give the make and model as well as the front edge diameter of the OTA. Put this information in the "comments" section of your shopping cart when ordering. If we need more information, we will contact you.
OPT Product Number: DF-ERF-80
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.