Used Takahashi EM-400 Temma 2Z Equatorial Mount - SOLD
No Reviews yet.
- This is a used mount in very good condition
- Extremely accurate tracking
- Superbly crafted German equatorial mount
- Suitable for loads up to 77 lbs
Used Takahashi EM-400 Temma 2Z Equatorial Mount - SOLDThe Takahashi EM-400 Temma II mount has been developed to fill the gap between the Tak NJP and EM-500 mount. It has been designed to carry an 85 lb. load. The EM-400 disassembles into three sections: The R.A./Dec assembly, the base assembly, and the counterweight shaft. This reduces the heaviest part to 49 lbs (22.3kgs), which is lighter than the weight of the NJP equatorial head. This makes transportation and set-up easier.
The entire mount rotates 360 degrees on it's base for easier set-up, and allows the tripod to be set in the most secure position. All of the cables attach to the underside of the Dec. housing and the use of internal encoders allows the mount to be used without having the cable wrap around in inconvenient positions. The 8kg. counterweights use two lock screws for more secure attachment to the counterweight shaft.
The Takahashi EM400 Temma II Mount uses the highly accurate EM-200 computing reticle with an 11X eyepiece to allow three arc minute polar alignment to the celestial pole. This reticle is useable until the year 2040. The EM 400 is a dual-voltage mount that will operate on either 12 volts (500X sidereal) or 24 volts (500X sidereal). The Temma II system is compatible with The Sky and other popular software using the free ASCOM and Linux drivers. This mount can be used anywhere in the world with a latitude adjustment from 0 to 50 in either hemisphere.
- Type German Equatorial Mount
- R.A. slow-motion Motor driven
- DEC. slow-motion Motor driven
- Azimuth adjustment with rotary base plate
- Elevation adjustment with ML altitude wedge: 0 - 47 with HL altitude wedge : 15 - 58 (default version for Europe)
- Polar finder / Accuracy - Built-in / 2 - 4.4 degrees
- R.A. setting circles accuracy No setting circles
- DEC. setting circles accuracy No setting circles
- Encoders Included
- Weight Main block : 22.5 kg
- Altitude wedge : 5.2 kg
- Total weight (with counterweight shaft) : 29.5 kg
- Counterweights 2 x 8kg
- Maximal loading capacity 35 kg (without counterweight)
- Optimal loading capacity 20 kg (without counterweight)
- Operating voltage 12V / 24V DC - 12v DC only for high speed operation
- Power consumption @12VDC : 0.5/0.7A (NS, sidereal rate and tracking speed) ; 1.6A (HS, pointing speed) @24VDC : 0.4/0.9A (NS, sidereal rate and tracking speed) ; 1.4A (HS, pointing speed)
- Standby mode : 0.1A
- Tube mounting Flat base with 4 x M10 et 2 x M8 screws
- Mounting capacities Tube rings, plates and dovetail mounting plates
- R.A. axis diameter (material) 40 mm (steel)
- R.A. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 20 mm (steel)
- R.A. gear diameter (material) 150 mm/180 teeth (bronze)
- DEC. axis diameter (material) 40 mm (steel)
- DEC. worm gear shaft (material) 20 mm (steel)
- DEC. gear diameter (material) 150 mm/180 teeth (bronze)
- Type Temma-2
- Stepper motor accuracy 50 pps
- Slow motion speeds R.A. : 0.1x to 1.9x sidereal rate
- DEC. 1.5' to 13.5' (by increment of 1.5'/sec) High speed mode 12V. : 500x sidereal rate (R.A.), 1/sec (DEC.) 24V. : 500x sidereal rate (R.A.), 2/sec (DEC.)
- Worm gear shaft cycle 8 minutes
- Tracking accuracy 5"
- Autoguiding SBIG compatible (mini-DIN PS2 connector)
- PC connectivity RS-232C serial port (with S-VHS to DB-9 cable)
|Counterweights||(2) 17.6 lb.|
|Hand Controller included||Takahashi Advanced Temma Computerized|
|Latitude Range||47 degrees|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Lunar & Sidereal & Solar|
|Warranty||Covered by OPT|
|Weight Capacity||85 lbs.|
|Weight of Head||64.9 lbs.|
- Takahashi EM-400 mount head
- Two 8Kg (17.6lb) counterweights
- Computerized hand controller with interface
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.