- This is a used item in very good condition
- 1/2" sensor
- 5.2 micron pixels
- Windows compatible
Used Orion StarShoot AutoGuider - SoldAutoguiding has revolutionized the capture of deep-sky images by mechanizing the tedious and tiring method of "manually" guiding an exposure, which involved staring endlessly into an illuminated reticle eyepiece while tweaking your mount's electronic drive controls by hand to keep the stars pinpoint sharp. Until now, the problem has always been the lack of a simple, affordable autoguider camera to do the job.
Problem solved. The Orion StarShoot AutoGuider provides a user-friendly, dedicated autoguiding system for long-exposure astrophotography. It's compatible with virtually any mount equipped with an autoguider port and comes with the software and cables needed to work right out of the box!
The Orion StarShoot AutoGuider sensor is a high-resolution, 1/2" format 1.3-megapixel CMOS monochrome chip, with 5.2 x 5.2 pixels for highly accurate guiding. That high accuracy is due to the small pixel size, and means you can use the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider with smaller, less expensive guide scopes than is possible with other guide cameras (such as the now-discontinued ST-4). The chip resides in a super-compact, anodized aluminum housing that measures just 2.5" wide by 2.35" long and weighs a mere 4.4 oz. The housing of the StarShoot AutoGuider has a 1.25" nosepiece that can be removed to access a T-thread interface. And the AutoGuider's short inward focus requirement of only 15mm from a typical 1.25" Pl??ssl eyepiece makes it compatible with virtually any telescope.
The Orion StarShoot AutoGuider and its incredible ease of use will appeal to beginning and experienced astrophotographers alike. The included software requires no previous knowledge of autoguiding. It offers automatic calibration and guiding with literally a single mouse click. The camera is powered via your computer's high-speed USB 2.0 connection with the included 10' USB cable; no other power source is needed. A 6' RJ-12 cable is also included to connect the AutoGuider to the mount without the need for an additional RS-232 adapter.
Requires PC running Windows 2000, XP or Vista 32-bit. Will not run on 64-bit.
- An easy-to-use and affordable autoguider for accurate long-exposure astrophotography
- Orion StarShoot AutoGuider keeps track of a selected guide star and communicates constantly with connected equatorial telescope mount to correct any tracking errors throughout long exposure astrophotography sessions
- Uses a 1/2" format 1.3MP CMOS chip, with tiny 5.2 x 5.2 micron pixels for highly accurate autoguiding so your astrophotos feature pinpoint star images Included software offers automatic calibration and autoguiding with a single mouse click
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Starshoot guider camera
- USB cable
- Guider cable
- 1.25" nosepiece
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.