Used Orion H-Alpha Extra Narrowband CCD Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted -SOLD
- This is a used item in excellent condition
- Take high-contrast CCD images of emission nebulas in full moonlight or in extreme light pollution with this specialized extra narrowband h-alpha astrophotography filters
- Astrophotography filter provides 90% transmission at H-alpha line of 656.3nm and very narrow bandpass of 7nm
- Reveals subtle nebular details which are usually washed out by contrast-killing broadband light
- Also works great in conjunction with other filters for more advanced astrophotography techniques
- Astrophotography filter threads into standard 1.25" camera nosepiece, Orion Nautilus 1.25" Filter Wheel or Orion Multiple 1.25" Filter Wheel
Used Orion H-Alpha Extra Narrowband CCD Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted -SOLDImagine capturing brilliant, high-contrast images of nebulas in full moonlight or in the thick of downtown light pollution. Bring it on, because you can do just that with the Orion H-alpha Extra Narrowband imaging filter.
Designed exclusively for deep-sky imaging of emission nebulas with CCD cameras, this high-performance filter transmits 90 percent of light at the hydrogen-alpha line of 656.3nm and has a very narrow full width at half-maximum (FWHM) bandpass of 7nm. The Orion 7nm H-Alpha filter blocks out all other light, including artificial light pollution and moonlight. It also blocks infrared (IR) light. The result is a dramatic boost in contrast, revealing subtle nebular details that are usually washed out by contrast-killing broadband light. Stars come out tight and sharp.
The Orion Hydrogen-Alpha 7nm Narrowband filter is also ideal for capturing luminance data for LRGB color imaging of hydrogen-alpha emission nebulae with monochrome imagers, such as the Orion StarShoot Deep Space Monochrome Imager II. When the monochromatic H-alpha image is combined with the exposures taken through red, green, and blue filters, the resulting color image teems with fine details that are "missing in action" in a standard color shot. The Orion H-alpha Extra Narrowband imaging filter is the perfect accessory for the StarShoot Deep Space Monochrome Imager II. The 1.25"-diameter filter threads into the nosepiece of the camera or the Orion Multiple Filter Wheel.
- 1.25" mounted Orion Ha imaging filter
- Plastic case, box and spec sheet
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
It says do not use this filter on the sun, but can you if you have a full aperture solar filter on the front of your telescope?
Technically, you could, but it will not help. It will make the image too dark for visual use with the white light filter in front, and the ~7nm bandpass of this filter is around 100x too wide to see any decent hydrogen alpha surface detail. 7nm = 70 Ang