Used Orion Basic Color Telescope Filter Set - 1.25" Round Mounted - SOLD
- This is a used filter set in very good condition
- High grade optical glass
- A must for planetary viewing
Used Orion Basic Color Telescope Filter Set - 1.25" Round Mounted - SOLDPlanetary and lunar observation is almost always improved by the use of color filters. They bring out subtle details by selectively increasing the contrast among markings of different hues, and by reducing irradiation, the smudging of the boundaries between light and dark regions due primarily to turbulence in the Earth's atmosphere.
With the right color filter, suddenly the indistinct, pale bands of Jupiter resolve into loops and festoons. Delicate markings appear on Saturn's globe, and the Cassini and crepe divisions darken and solidify. Mars' polar caps stand out like tiny pearls, and vague lunar rilles acquire greater depth and contrast. Bad seeing becomes acceptable; good seeing becomes superb!
Because many planets have a characteristic color (e.g., Mars is reddish), a color filter will reduce the predominant hues to enhance contrast and uncover hidden surface markings. That's why the Red Planet is most effectively enhanced with a green filter! This set includes:
#15 Deep Yellow Planetary Filter:
- red and orange features on Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars
- contrast of lunar features
- low-contrast cloud detail on Venus
- Martian surface details in large scopes
- bluish cloud regions on Jupiter and Saturn
- contrast of Mercury against blue sky
- cloud definition on Venus
- contrast of blue and red structures on Jupiter (including Red Spot)
- melt lines around Martian polar ice caps
- Saturn's cloud belts
- details in Jupiter's cloud belts and Red Spot
- high clouds and polar caps on Mars
- lunar surface details
- Venus cloud features
- Orion basic color filter set
- Round plastic holder
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.