- This is a used item in very good condition
- Supports Celestron Fork Mounted SCTs up to 11 Inches
- Low Latitude Range! Use it on the Equator!
- Provides a Heavy Duty Platform
- Guarantees Minimal Vibration
- Perfect for Stable Astroimaging
Used Celestron CPC Heavy Duty Wedge- HD Pro
For optimal performance in astronomical observing that involves setting circles or motorized tracking, Celestron's telescopes with a fork mount and motor drive must be mounted on an Equatorial Wedge. Celestron's HD Pro Wedge is designed to support their fork mounted Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes (up to 11 Inches). The wedge allows you to tilt the telescope so that its polar axis (R.A. axis) is parallel to the Earth's axis. It provides a heavy-duty, stable platform that is perfect for astroimaging and guarantees minimal vibration.
The angle of tilt will depend on your latitude when the telescope is level. The angle between the horizon level and the polar axis will equal your latitude when the telescope's axis is parallel with that of the Earth's. A low latitude range of 0 to 90 degrees makes this wedge functional for use at the equator. Once properly mounted and adjusted on the wedge, the telescope is said to be equatorially mounted and its setting circles and included slow-motion controls can be used to locate deep-sky objects.
Built-in features include:
- An Altitude/Azimuth adjustment controls with oversized knobs attached for easy polar alignment,
- A Hand Control holder that provides the option of placing it on the wedge or the fork arm, (holds the control in place - even when the fork are is angled towards the ground,)
- A Tilt Plate for easier mounting of the telescope by simply rotating the scope onto the wedge,
- Heavey Duty Side Plates provide even more dampening of vibrations during imaging,
- A Large 14 mm Diameter Latitude Adjustment screw to add strength and stability while supplying less vibration and easier rotation with a heavy telescope,
- And a Bubble Level.
- Celestron HD Pro Wedge
- Mounting hardware
- Oversized Knobs
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will the Celestron Heavy Duty Wedge work with the older Nexstar 11 GPS forked mount?
Yes, the hole pattern on both the bottom of the fork and the top of the tripod have not changed between the Nexstar 11 GPS and the current CPC 1100 scopes. The new wedge will work very well with your scope.
Hi guys, my son's got a Celestron AstroMaster 130AZ Newtonian; I want to upgrade his tripod and mount to this one, so he can be fully computerized and automated. Will the dovetail mount work on the 130AZ?
The Astromaster 130AZ uses a V style dovetail plate. It can be attached to the 102GT mount.
I already have a Celestron Nextar 8se telescope I would like to know if the wedge HD Pro is compatible with mi telescope? Thanks in advance Rubens
Yes the Celestron Wedge will work with the 8" Nexstar SE
Will this controller work with an LX5 8 inch model 2080? Thanks
Unfortunately This controller will not work with the LX5
Can this wedge be used in a Meade 10'' LX90?
Unfortunately, no. Meade and Celestron use different hole patterns on the bases of their scopes, so there is no adapter that will allow an LX90 10" scope to attach to a wedge made for a Celestron telescope.
Hi, will this work with Celestron Nexstar evolution 9.25 too?
Yes, the Evolution 9.25 uses the same tripod as the CPC series scopes, so the CPC Wedge works for all of them. The Evolution 6 and 8 use the smaller wedge for the SE and Evolution 6 and 8 scopes.
Hello: Will this wedge fit the Celestron Classic orange tube scopes made in the 70s and 80s?
The CPC wedge would work on most of the older Orange tube Celestron telescopes. It may not work on the really early 70s telescopes. Please call for more information.