Used Celestron CPC 925 Computerized Telescope - SOLD
- This is a used item in very good condition
- Large aperture, yet very portable
- Built-in GPS
- 40,000 object data base
- Superb optical performance
Used Celestron CPC 925 Computerized Telescope - SOLD
The Celestron CPC925 XLT telescope is one of the most portable of Celestron's top-of-the-line fork-mounted astronomical telescopes and includes Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool. Turn the Celestron CPC925 telescope towards planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach!
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an instrument weight of only 42 lb., the Celestron CPC 925 telescope is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location. The Celestron CPC telescopes, like their acclaimed Advanced Series and premium CGE Series, feature meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems. In addition, all CPC models are diffraction limited and come standard with StarBright XLT High Performance Optical Coatings. With the introduction of the CPC Series, Celestron has "gone back to the drawing board" and re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented a telescope family that provides superior quality, unsurpassed ease of use, and incomparable value.
The Celestron 9.25" CPC telescope uses an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude. Once the internal GPS has established the Celestron CPC925 telescope position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply use the CPC hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar(R) software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once your Celestron 9.25" CPC telescope is aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
The Celestron CPC925 telescope database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects and the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). The Identify feature tells you what you're looking at with your Celestron CPC925, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is a lot of fun. There is also a "Solar Sys Align" feature that lets you align your CPC telescope on the sun or moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this feature to see planets or bright stars in the day.Celestron - CPC 925 XLT GPS Telescope - 9.25" SCT on GoTo Alt-Az Mount Features
- 9.25" diffraction-limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch.
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process and 9X50 optical finderscope is also included.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location and included star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder that allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.