Used Celestron CPC 1100 Computerized Telescope- Sold
- This is a used telescope in excellent condition
- 11" aperture for amazing views
- Dual Fork Arm Altazimuth Mount
- Heavy-Duty Tripod
- 40,000 object data base
Used Celestron CPC 1100 Computerized Telescope- Sold
The Celestron CPC 1100 telescope provides an incredible 11 Inch of aperture but is still relatively lightweight and portable for such a large aperture instrument. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool. Turn the telescope towards planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach!
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and smart physical design, the Celestron CPC 1100 is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location. The Celestron CPC telescopes, like their acclaimed Advanced Series and premium CGE Series, feature meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems. In addition, all CPC models are diffraction limited and come standard with StarBright XLT High-Performance Optical Coatings. With the introduction of the CPC Series, Celestron has "gone back to the drawing board" and re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented a telescope family that provides superior quality, unsurpassed ease of use, and incomparable value.
Celestron CPC 1100 Telescope Flash Tour: The CPC telescopes use an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude. Once the internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning it is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply use the NexStar+ hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar(R) software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once your telescope is aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
The Celestron CPC database contains; over 40,000 celestial objects; Messier objects; the Caldwell Catalog; NGC Galaxies; nebulae; and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). The Identify feature tells you what you're looking at with your Celestron CPC, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GoTo them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is a lot of fun. There is also a "Solar Sys Align" feature that lets you align your CPC telescope on the sun or moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this feature to see planets or bright stars in the day.
Celestron CPC 1100 Telescope - 11 Inch SCT on GoTo Alt-Az Mount Features
- 11 Inch diffraction-limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual-fork-arm altazimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes; 40,000 object database; 400 user-definable objects; and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple, and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects; and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch.
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2 Inch steel legs and accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process. A 9X50 optical finderscope is also included.
- Flash upgradeable Software for the hand control motor control units allows downloading product updates over the Internet, including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location with the sturdy handles. The Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky. And there are large levers and knobs to aid you.
- Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder that allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with the RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
OPT Product Number: CE-11075-XLT
- 11 Inch CPC XLT OTA in Alt-Azimuth Mount w/GoTo
- CPC Heavy-Duty Tripod with 2 Inch Adjustable Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray/ Leg Brace
- 8x50 Optical Finderscope
- 1.25 Inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece/ 40 mm, 70x mag.
- NexStar+ Hand Control
- DC Power Cord/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- NexRemote Software on CD ROM
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
does this new GPS also allow accurate tracking or does one still have to polar align manually to get really good astrophotographs?
The GPS does not affect tracking at all except to automatically input the most up to date time and location during the alignment procedure. Polar alignment must still be done manually to get the best tracking and an autoguider would need to be added for p
How does the alignment work with this one? Does it find the stars automatically like Meade and all you do is center them or do you have to slew the scope to the first star (that you know) like the SE series?
The alignment on this scope is identical to the Nexstar SE.
Can you buy an AC converter that will operate this telescope and if so which one. Thank you
Yes, this scope can use either the CE-18778 or the CE-18780 AC adapters. the CE-18778 is recommended for most usage as the motors on this scope do not draw enough current to require the more expensive CE-18780. Both adapters are on the OPT website - jus