Used Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 2" Mounted-SOLD
- This is a used item in very good condition
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
Used Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 2" Mounted-SOLDThe Astronomik CLS CCD is suitable under light-polluted skies for DSLR Cameras, which have been remodeled for astronomical use. The filter enhances the contrast between all deep-sky objects and the background.
The CLS-CCD Filter enhances the contrast between astronomical objects and the background. Due to the wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater amount of light will pass the filter. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much spurious light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for 'useful' light. A good filter for DSLR-, CCD- and film b/w-photography as well as observation of deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all aperture f/3 and above
The filter blocks completely emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor) as well as the airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are beeing passed. The supplementary IR-blocking layer allows the use for DSLR- and Webcams without an integrated IR-block filter.
Other uses for the Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter include easier resolution of Double Stars and with the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even under extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance. The 1.25" and 2" socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas. If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS-CCD filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel.
- 92% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540nm and from 640 to 690nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- 2" mounted CLS CCD filter
- Long lasting plastic case
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.