Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 Edge HD Telescope
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 800 HD Telescope - 8" EdgeHD on GoTo Alt-Az Mount
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an optical tube weight, with forks attached of 43 lbs., the Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location. The CPC Deluxe feature Celestron's remarkable Edge HD optics. The Edge HD design is a modified Schmidt-Cassegrain which creates an extremely flat field of view, ideal for astrophotography.
The CPC Deluxe Mount ...
The Celestron CPC Deluxe database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects and the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). The Identify feature tells you what you're looking at with your Celestron CPC Deluxe, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them.
Celestron Edge HD Optics...
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as ??????????astrograph?????????? quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. Edge HD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 800 Telescope Features
- The Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD telescope is an 8" aberration-free, modified Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics offer a quieter, smoother ride than ever before. Constant power is delivered to the drives as well allowing the telescope to perform even when not perfectly balanced.
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process and 9X50 optical finderscope is also included.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location and included star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder that allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
Celestron Product Number: 11009