- 8 Inch EdgeHD/ Modified Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope!
- Computerized Alt-Azimuth Mount with GoTo
- Heavy-Duty Tripod
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- NexStar+ Hand Control
Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 Edge HD Telescope
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 800 HD Telescope - 8 Inch EdgeHD on GoTo Alt-Az Mount
The CPC Deluxe 800 HD is a superb and remarkably portable visual instrument, or with optional wedge and CCD camera, as a serious astrophotographer's tool!
Although large in aperture, the Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD is portable enough to set-up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark-sky location. It includes conveniently located carrying handles and an optical tube weight, with forks attached of only 43 lb. This telescope series features Celestron's remarkable EdgeHD optics. The EdgeHD design is a modified Schmidt-Cassegrain which creates an extremely flat field of view, ideal for astrophotography.
The CPC Deluxe Mount ...Each Celestron CPC Deluxe mount uses an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude. Once the internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3, thanks to Celestron's Sky-Align technology! Simply use the NexStar+ hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar(R) software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet, and celestial object above the horizon. Once your Celestron CPC telescope is aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
The NexStar+ database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including; Messier objects; the Caldwell Catalog; NGC Galaxies; nebulae, and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). The Identify feature tells you what you're looking at with your Celestron CPC Deluxe, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point your telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GoTo them.
Celestron Edge HD Optics...The EdgeHD is Celestron's latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astroimagers. The new Edge High Definition telescope series features an Aplanatic Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma-free images. But there is a difference.... the optical difference. Not only is the Celestron Edge coma-free, but it also has a built-in field-flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High-Definition star images throughout your astrophotographs.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 800 Telescope Features
- The Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD telescope is an 8 Inch aberration-free, modified Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual-fork-arm altazimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes a 40,000 object database, 400 user-definable objects, and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple, and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects; and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics offer a quieter/ smoother ride than ever before. Constant power is delivered to the drives as well allowing the telescope to perform even when not perfectly balanced.
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2 Inch steel legs and accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process and can be assisted by the 9X50 optical Finderscope.
- Flash upgradeable software for the hand control and motor control units, allows downloading product updates over the Internet, including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location with sturdy handles, assisted by large levers and knobs. The Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- The Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder will allow you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with the RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
OPT Product Number: CE-11007
- 8 Inch EdgeHD/ Modified Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- Computerized Dual-Fork-Arm Alt-Azimuth Mount with GoTo
- Heavy-Duty Tripod with 2 Inch Adjustable Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray and Leg Support
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 9x50 Optical Finderscope
- 1.25 Inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece/ 40 mm, 51x mag.
- CD Power Cable/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- NexRemote Software on CD ROM
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.