Celestron Wide Angle Spotting Scope 1.25" Eyepiece - DISCONTINUED
Celestron Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece for Spotting Scopes
The fixed magnification Wide Angle Eyepiece is a great addition to any spotting scope that accepts 1.25" eyepieces, and it will work great on telescopes, too. The wide field of view helps you bring subjects into the field of view quickly. The larger viewing area also makes it easier to follow subjects as they move.
The Wide Angle Eyepiece's optical components include Celestron's proprietary XLT coatings, for bright, razor sharp images with amazing detail. XLT coatings, developed for Celestron's observatory-grade telescopes, increase light transmission through the optical path and deliver crisp, high contrast images with outstanding resolution.
The Wide Angle Eyepiece's fully waterproof housing is suitable for use in all climates and weather conditions, so you can have peace of mind when unexpected weather rolls in. The housing is also filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal lenses from fogging when moving between extreme temperatures or using the eyepiece in damp conditions.
The Wide Angle Eyepiece has 20mm of eye relief, providing comfortable viewing for both eyeglass and non-eyeglass wearers. Eyeglass wearers can see the entire field of view while looking through the eyepiece with their glasses on due to the extended eye relief. For those that do not wear eyeglasses, the twist up eyecup correctly positions the user's eye behind the eyepiece at the correct distance for optimal viewing.
Not only does the Wide Angle Eyepiece provide stunning views in the field, but you can also attach a DSLR camera to this eyepiece with an optional T-Adapter and a T-ring. Capture those impressive views and share them with friends and family when you return home.
Celestron Wide Angle Eyepiece Specifications
With Celestron 65 mm, 80 mm, or 100 mm Spotting Scopes
- Angular Field of View with 65 mm: 2.3 degrees
- Angular Field of View with 80 mm: 1.8 degrees
- Angular Field of View with 100 mm: 1.6 degrees
- Magnification with 65 mm: 26x
- Magnification with 80 mm: 32x
- Magnification with 100 mm: 36x
- Linear Field of View @ 1000 yd/m with 65 mm: 121 ft / 40 m
- Linear Field of View @ 1000 yd/m with 80 mm: 94 ft / 31 m
- Linear Field of View @ 1000 yd/m with 100 mm: 84 ft / 28 m
- Exit Pupil for 65 mm: 2.5 mm
- Exit Pupil for 80 mm: 2.5 mm
- Exit Pupil for 100 mm: 2.7 mm
- Relative Brightness for 65 mm: 6.25
- Relative Brightness for 80 mm: 6.25
- Relative Brightness for 100 mm: 7.29
- Twilight Factor for 65 mm: 41.1
- Twilight Factor for 80 mm: 50.6
- Twilight Factor for 100 mm: 60
- Eye Relief (mm): 20 mm
- Optical Coatings: XLT (Fully Multi-Coated)
- Eye Relief: 20 mm
- Dimensions: 1.81" x 1.81" x 2.94"
- Weight: 6.3 oz
- Waterproof Yes
- Nitrogen Filled (Fogproof) Yes