- Omni 5 Inch XLT Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Omni CG-4 Equatorial Mount and Tripod
- Finderscope, Diagonal, and Eyepiece Included
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Easy No-Tool Set-Up
Celestron Omni XLT 127 Telescope
Omni XLT 127 - (5 Inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on CG-4 Equatorial MountThe Celestron Omni XLT 127 features a Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design coupled with the Celestron Omni CG-4 heavy-duty German Equatorial mount. The sturdy tripod features 1.75 Inch adjustable stainless steel legs and a center accessory tray for superior rigidity and vibration dampening. Along with the stable platform of the CG-4 mount the Omni XLT 127 features high-quality optics. Using aspheric shaping technology in conjunction with hand-figuring the optics the Omni XLT presents an image with virtually no spherical aberration. Celestron has also added their famous StarBright XLT coating system to further enhance light transmission.
At the heart of the Celestron Omni 127 XLT, is a high-quality Schmidt-Cassegrain style telescope with a hand-chosen lens for absolutely the best optics available. We're talking about a 5 Inch aperture with a limiting stellar magnitude of 12.9 and 0.97 arcseconds of resolving power. Couple that with a 1250 mm focal length and a focal ratio of f/9.8 it presents an image with virtually no spherical aberration. With superior optics and a stable platform, the Celestron Omni XLT series is a great choice for astrophotography. Use the optional dual-axis motor drive (#93522) and polar axis finder (#94221) to track objects for long exposure photography. This handsome scope comes backed with a two year Celestron warranty and will endure as long as your fascination with the Cosmos!
Celestron Omni XLT 127 - (5 Inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope on CG-4 Equatorial Mount Features
- Each lens and/or mirror used in Omni XLT optical systems is hand-selected so only the finest grade of optical glass is used.
- StarBright XLT coatings provide maximized light transmission.
- Every Omni XLT includes a 25mm multi-coated eyepiece, with 20mm of eye relief and a 50 degrees field-of-view. Also included are a 1.25 Inch star diagonal, a 1.25 Inch visual back, and a 1.25 Inch rack-and-pinion focuser.
- The Celestron CG-4 German Equatorial Mount sports setting circles and slow motion controls to accurately locate and track sky objects
- Ball bearings in both axis of the mount equal smooth performance
- The heavy-duty pre-assembled stainless steel tripod features 1.75 Inch legs, an accessory tray, and a bubble level for easy, no-tool set-up.
- You also get The Sky-Level 1 planetarium software on CD ROM with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
OPT Product Number: CE-11084
- Omni 127 mm (5 Inch) XLT OTA
- Omni CG-4 Equatorial Mount
- Omni CG-4 Tripod with 1.75 Inch Adjustable Steel Legs
- 6x30 Optical Finder
- 1.25 Inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25 Eyepiece/25 mm, w/20 mm Eye relief and 50 deg. FOV
- Accessory Tray/ Stabilizer/ with a Bubble Level
- 2 Locking Counterweights/ 4 pounds; 7 pounds
- The Sky-Level 1 planetarium software on CD ROM
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can this scope be fitted with a larger 2" diagonal so you can use 2" lenses?
Hello, The focuser is 1.25" in diameter so no chance for 2" accessories.
Can the Celestron 11084 Omni XLT - 127 be used for astrophotography with a DSLR? Thank you.
Yes, but additional accessories will be needed. You would need a dual axis motor kit https://www.optcorp.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=CG-4+Mount+Dual+Axis+Motor+Drive to allow long exposures, and then you would need a T-adapter https://www.optcorp.com/cel