Celestron Off-Axis Guider
Celestron Off-Axis Guider
The Off-Axis Guider is an essential astro-imaging accessory for long focal length telescopes that require the most accurate guiding possible. The Celestron Off-Axis Guider uses a prism to intercept a small portion of the telescopes focal plane (outside the field of view of the main imaging camera) to locate a guide star. Any movement seen by the guide star will be the exact same movement seen by the imaging camera. Guiding this way will correct for tracking errors, as well as optomechanical errors or flexure. The result: better astro-images with pinpoint round stars.
Solutions of the Celestron Off-Axis Guider
- It provides a large 12.5 mm prism that can be adjusted to move closer to the center of the telescopes focal plane, depending on the size of the imaging camera. This results in brighter guide stars, with the help of the large prism to fully illuminate the autoguider sensor.
- Featuring a high-quality, fixed-orientation Helical focuser. This provides an extremely smooth and accurate focus of the autoguider without changing (or twisting) the autoguider camera orientation.
- All the needed spacers and adapters are included for most common imaging configurations, including DSLR cameras, Nightscape CCD cameras, and more. The following adapters are included: SCT/EdgeHD, female M48, female M42 (T-thread), male M48, male M42 (T-thread), 3 T-thread adapters.
Celestron Off-Axis Guider Specifications
- Weight: 18 ounces.
- Clear Aperture: 48 mm.
- Helical Focuser Travel: 8 mm.
- Telescope Connection: M42 T-thread, M48, and SCT/EdgeHD.
- Autoguider Connection: M42 T-thread, and standard 1.25-inch adapter.
- Camera Connection: M42 T-thread, and M48.
Celestron Product Number: 93648
|Guider Type||Guiders/ Manual|
|On/Off Axis Guider||Off Axis Guider|
- Celestron's Off-Axis Guider.
- 12.5 mm Multi-Coated Prism.
- Fixed-orientation helical focuser.
- Adapter: SCT/EdgeHD.
- Adapter: female M48.
- Adapter: female M42 (T-thread).
- Adapter: male M48.
- Adapter: male M42 (T-thread).
- Adapter: (3) T-thread spacers.
Nice but huge
This is a very nice OAG, but be aware it is very wide. The body is the stated 29mm, but the adapters front and rear will add another 15 or 20 mm. Otherwise, solid, nicely made and comes with lots of adapters. The focuser is very nice.
Received the OAG and it looks great, but waiting for adapter that was not supplied. OAG is advertised for Edge HD but will not work without purchase of adapter which is of course back ordered and no info on possible delivery.
Celestron Off Axis Guider
It has been a great experience. The unit is massive compared to others and has a smooth guide focus without having to twist the guide camera around in the focusing process.