- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- NexStar Evolution Mount
- Star Diagonal & 2 Eyepieces
- StarSense Auto-Alignment!
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8" Edge HD with StarSense
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 8" (203.2 mm)
- Focal Length: 2032 mm
- Eyepiece Magnification: 40 mm Plossl - 38x; 12.5 mm Plossl - 150x
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro (Includes 3V CR2032 lithium button battery)
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Mount Type: Single fork arm altazimuth
- Tripod: Stainless steel
- Power Requirements: Internal battery included
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution: Rayleigh - 0.59 arc seconds; Dawes Limit - 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (compared to the naked eye): 843x
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 16"
- Total Telescope System Weight: 40.6 lbs.
- Max Slew Speed: 4 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, solar, lunar
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communcation Ports: 1 hand control and 3 auxiliary ports for optional accessories
- International Plugs with AC Adapter: US, UK, EU, AU
- App Database: Over 120,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- USB Charge Port: Yes
The NexStar Evolution from Celestron just keeps pushing the boundaries, ascending further and further beyond its past iterations. In this latest evolution, it has once more outdone itself! Pairing Celestron's finest quality optics with cutting-edge technology, the NexStar Evolution Edge HD is an incredibly versatile and portable telescope system. You can enjoy Edge HD quality optics in conjunction with the StarSense Auto-Align system on the renowned Evolution mount, and control it all from your tablet or phone!
The Innovative NexStar Evolution Edge HD lets you enjoy EdgeHD optics while controlling the telescope wirelessly through the SkyPortal app. (Free download available at app stores.) The system has been equipped with Starsense Auto-Alignment, allowing Go-To Alignment to be performed automatically once you tap "Connect and Align"! Observing, astro-imaging, and automatic wireless alignment are all bundled into a compact yet mechanically solid setup. This is the most capable, easy-to-use and ready-for-action system Celestron has ever offered!
Celestron has melded the StarSense Auto-Align technology with the SkyPortal app, making SkyPortal the most advanced telescope control app offered. StarSense not only automatically aligns itself from your smart device, it also has advanced mount modeling, allowing you enter up to 10 alignment points for the most precision pointing accuracy possible. Even the most advanced telescope users will love using StarSense AutoAlign through the app. This affordable accessory replaces the expensive software usually used for advanced mount modeling. This built-in mount modeling helps you get superb pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon. When your alignment needs to be perfect, add up to 10 additional calibration stars to achieve a new level of accuracy, great for locating objects in the camera's field of view for astro-imaging.
If you're interested in astroimaging, the 8-inch NexStar Evolution HD is an excellent way to jump in.. It's the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears, along with improved motors. Tracking is great, and so too is the flat-field, coma-free EdgeHD optical system.You can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching your DSLR camera.
But of course, the crisp and clear views provided by the Edge HD optics of this telescope are useful for purely visual users just as much as they are for astroimagers, the sharp and bright views just as splendid for those who wish to observe the night sky as they are for those who wish to capture it.
NexStar Evolution is equipped with 4 auxiliary ports-2 on top of the fork and 2 on the bottom. A StarSense hand control is still included but is not necessary when using NexStar Evolution with the app. The telescope also includes a StarPointer Pro finderscope, two 1.25-inch Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25-inch star diagonal, and an international AC adapter.
OPT Product Number: CE-12096
- NexStar Evolution 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA, with EdgeHD Optics
- NexStar Evolution Mount, One-Armed Fork Alt-Azimuth Design
- Tripod with Adjustable Steel Legs
- 2 Accessory Trays
- StarSense Hand Controller
- StarSense Auto-Alignment, StarPointer Pro finderscope
- Two 1.25-inch Plossl Eyepieces
- One 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- One International AC Wall Adapter
- Uses the SkyPortal App
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What are the extra accessories you recommend for the Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 EdgeHD Computerized WiFi Telescope with StarSense? Please do not include accessories that already come with buying the telescope.
Hello, I would recommend using a dew shield AZ-122, eyepiece accessory kit CE-94303, and if you wish to use some light weight video astrophotography, the revolution imager OCT-REVR2
Does this mount have an ST4 autoguider port?
Yes, the mount has a standard 6-pin ST-4 compatible guide port.
what is the weight of Celestron nexstar evolution 8 HD ? can this be carried in plane check in baggage ?
The tube is 13 lbs, the fork arm is 17 lbs and the tripod is 11 lbs, plus around 1 lb for the Star Sense. It will be too large and heavy to take the whole thing via carry-on, but you could take the optical tube, hand controller, and Star Sense and then c
I noticed under additional information that it states none under mount type. Tube only. I see under others there is Mount Type Alt-Azimuth - GoTo. What does this mean?
That is incorrect. It should say Alt-Azimuth - GoTo. We will make sure to correct this. Thank you.