Celestron NexStar 5SE f/10 GoTo Telescope
Celestron NexStar 5SE f/10 GoTo Telescope
The portable NexStar 5SE Telescope is easy to set-up and includes alignment and tracking technologies which allow you to locate celestial objects and navigate the night sky with ease. Versatile enough to be used for both Deep Space and Planetary Astrophotography, this Telescope is perfect for beginner astronomers!
The SkyAlign function will get the NexStar 5SE aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Once you simply center and align three bright objects in your eyepiece; such as the moon, planets or stars, the telescope can automatically locate, point to, and track any of the 40,000 celestial objects in its database that is up in the night sky! Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a Celestron NexStar 5SE will help you take a closer look.
- 5-inch Aperture- excellent light-gathering ability provides impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects.
- GoTo Technology- fully automated mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects will automatically locate and track objects for you.
- SkyAlign Technology- gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily set up your telescope on any three bright objects in the sky.
- Unique Design- single fork arm and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
Click the link below to download the Celestron Nexstar 5SE Manual
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
This telescope control software replaces the hand control and allows the user to remotely control their Celestron computerized telescope from their personal PC or laptop.
SkyAlign alignment technology makes setting up a computerized telescope simple, fast, and accurate. Just point the telescope at any three bright objects — stars, bright planets, or even the Moon — and your telescope can orient itself with the night sky.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||125 mm (5")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||24 tpi|
|Dawes Limit||0.93 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Encoder Resolution||.26 arc sec|
|Focal Length||1250 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||10 lbs|
|Light Gathering Power||319x|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 750 mA|
|Slew Speed||5 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||9 lbs|
|Tube Weight||6 lbs|
- Celestron NexStar 5-Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- NexStar SE Alt-Azimuth Mount with GoTo
- Tripod with Adjustable Steel Legs and Built-in Wedge
- Accessory Tray
- 1.25-inch, 25 mm Eyepiece
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- Quick Release Tube Clamp
- StarPointer Finderscope (Red Dot)
- CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software
- Hand Control: Flash Upgrade-able Liquid Crystal Display with Back-lit LED
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software
- RS-232 For Computer Connection (on Hand Control, "Aux")
- SkyAlign Alignment Software
- 2 Year Warranty
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does the RS-232 includes also have the USB adapter? Neither laptop I have has one of those COM ports. Thanks.
Celstron does not include a USB to RS-232 adapter with the telescope, but they do distribute a compatible adapter for that purpose. You can read more about it here: https://www.optcorp.com/celestron-usb-to-rs232-converter.html