The Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope is easy to set-up and includes alignment and tracking technologies that allow you to locate celestial objects and navigate the night sky with ease. Versatile enough to be used for bothdeep space and planetary astrophotography, this telescope is perfect for beginner astronomers!
The SkyAlign function will get the NexStar 5SE aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Once you center and align three bright objects in your eyepiece, your telescope can automatically locate, point to, and track any of the 40,000 celestial objects in its database! Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a Celestron NexStar 5SE will help you take a closer look.
The NexStar 5SE GoTo Key Features
5-inch Aperture- Excellent light-gathering ability provides impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects.
- GoTo Technology- Fully automated mount with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects that will automatically locate and track objects for you.
- SkyAlign Technology- Aligns your telescope so it is ready to observe in minutes! Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily set your telescope on any three bright objects in the sky.
- Unique Design- Single fork arm and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 25 mm (.98 inches).
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 50x.
- Finderscope StarPointer.
- Star Diagonal 1.25-inch Star Diagonal.
- Optical Tube Aluminum.
- Lowest Useful Magnification 18x.
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 1.11 arc seconds.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction 51 mm (2.0 inches).
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter 40%.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area 16.6%.
- Optical Coatings StarBright XLT.
- Optical Tube Length 330 mm (13 inches).
- Optical Tube Diameter 152 mm (6 inches).
- Optical Tube Weight 6 lb (2.7 kg).
- Dovetail CG-5 Dovetail bar.
- Mount Type Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm.
- Instrument load capacity 10 lb (4.54 kg).
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod) 939.8 mm - 2397 mm (37 inches to 55 inches).
- Tripod leg diameter 50.8 mm (2 inches) Stainless Steel.
- Mount Head Weight 7 lb (3.2 kg).
- Slew Speeds 9 slew speeds - max speed 3°/second.
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar.
- GPS N/A.
- Dovetail Compatibility CG-5 dovetail.
- Autoguide port No.
- USB port Yes, Hand Control input.
- Power Requirements 8-AA batteries (not included) | 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive).
- Motor Drive DC servo motors.
- Alignment Procedures SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge).
- Periodic Error Correction No.
- Computerized Hand Control Double line, 18 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons.
- NexStar+ Database 38,181 accessible objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects.
- Software Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight 17.6 lb (8 kg).
Click the link below to download the Celestron Nexstar 5SE Manual