Celestron NexStar 102SLT Computerized Telescope
Just ask one of our Telescope Experts
Celestron NexStar 102SLT Computerized Telescope
The Celestron NexStar 102SLT Computerized Telescope is ideal for beginner astronomers! It has a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects! Its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, allows for a hassle-free set-up and stargazing session!
The SkyAlign alignment technology coupled with the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning easy. With the NexStar 102SLT, you can see breathtaking views of the lunar landscape and many of the solar-system's planets at medium and high magnification.
- StarPointer Finderscope- helps to align with and accurately locating celestial objects.
- Quick, no-tool set-up- quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, sturdy stainless-steel tripod, and accessory tray.
- NexStar Computer Control Technology- includes a 40,000-object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- SkyAlign Technology- allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process.
Celestron NexStar 102SLT Computerized Telescope Info:
- Optical Design: Refractor.
- Aperture: 102 mm (4.02-inch).
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25 mm (0.98-inch).
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 26x.
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 9 mm (0.35-inch).
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 73x.
- Finderscope: StarPointer.
- Star Diagonal: 1.25-inch.
- Mount Type: Motorized Altazimuth.
- Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release.
- Tripod: Steel.
- Highest Useful Magnification: 241x.
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 15x.
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.5.
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.37 arc seconds.
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.14 arc seconds.
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 212x.
- Apparent Field of View: 1.7°.
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 91 ft (28 m).
- Optical Coatings: Multi-Coated.
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds.
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar.
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South.
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align.
- Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable.
- Database: 4,000 Object Database.
- GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969).
- Software: Starry Night Special Edition.
Celestron Product Number: 22096
SkyAlign alignment technology makes setting up a computerized telescope simple, fast, and accurate. Just point the telescope at any three bright objects — stars, bright planets, or even the Moon — and your telescope can orient itself with the night sky.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Drive Type||DC servo motors|
|Encoder Resolution||.26 arc sec|
|Focal Length||660 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||8 lbs|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 750 mA|
|Slew speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Telescope Series||Celestron Nexstar SLT|
- NexStar 102 mm SLT Optical Tube.
- NexStar SLT Computerized Alt-azimuth Mount.
- NexStar Tripod/ with sturdy stainless steel legs.
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader.
- NexStar+ Hand Control.
- StarPointer Finderscope/ red dot.
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece 1: 25 mm/ 26x mag.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece 2: 9 mm/ 73x mag.
- TheSky and First Light/ Planetarium Software on CD ROM.
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty.
This product is high quality but it was hard to find it in google, i found it on 19 spot. You should add some social bookmarks and your website will hit google top10 very soon, then your traffic and sales will double or even triple. Search in google for - Insane google ranking boost - it helped my sites to rank
This is a very nice little telescope that has GO TO capability, motorized slewing, and tracking. We leave it set up in our living room and take it out on the back porch almost every night there is a clear sky. This scope is very lightweight and can be easily moved without breaking it down. You just remove the lens tray, fold the tripod legs in, then just pick it up and move it outside ! This makes it very easy to jump outside and view a few objects, then pull it back inside with little effort on a cold winter night. This scope can provide very clear views of star clusters, Jupiter with its tiny star-like moons in the background, Saturn with it's ring, Venus with its phases, Oriens Nebula, etc. The 4 inch lens provides surprisingly crisp views, and has a considerable amount of additional light gathering power over smaller scopes. It works best when limiting magnification to 100 power or so. Using a 6mm eyepiece works great on clear nights, and provides a magnification of 110 times. Even the 32mm eyepiece, with a magnification of only 21 timees, provides great views. You can increase magnification with barlows, etc., but at magnification much higher than 100 or so, you start to loose brightness and clarity. A must is the lens and filter set available from Celestron or other telescope supplier, this will give you a variety of lens and filter combinations to enhance your viewing sessions. A good Fringe-Killer type filter is also a good addition if you wish to view bright objects (Venus, the moon, etc. A moon filter is a MUST - this little telescope gathers a LOT of light when viewing a full moon ! By the way ..... lunar views are very pleasing with this scope, you can really zoom in and see many craters and other features. The GO TO and tracking ability of this scope are plenty good enough for visual viewing, although most of the time I just align by hand, and use the GO TO and hand control to center the object and hold it in the field of view. (it is so lightwieght you can just pick up the whole thing and rotate it to the view you want. One warning ..... this telescope is a battery eater and works best with the optional AC adapter or a Power Tank or similar large battery pack to keep it going all night long. When the batteries get weak, the scope's slewing goes haywire and seems to run off all by itself in high speed !!! After new batteries are installed, the slewing goes back to normal. However, because it uses 8 AA batteries at a time, this can be expensive and most annoying as the batteries always seem to die at the moment you get the best view of the night ! The internal AA batteries will work for a few hours or so, but an AC adapter or larger Power-Tank battery works best. Overall, this has been a great little telescope and we have really enjoyed it. The 4 inch seems to be the perfect size for an intermediate size refractor, it is very easy to move and set up, and will provide many hours of fun viewing for you and your friends.