The Celestron NexImage 5 Solar System Imageris a 5 mega-pixel color planetary imager. Capture high-resolution quick video color images of planetary objects in our solar system through your telescope. Then use the included software package to bring out amazing details and produce images rivaling those taken with astronomical cameras costing hundreds and thousands more.
Once installed, simply point your telescope at any chosen object and record a quick video. The included software will analyze each frame of video, throw away the fuzzy and odd frames, and then perfectly align the remaining frames. The result is a bright and clear image with the maximum amount of color and detail from the combined approved selections stacked as one great image. If you can see the planet in the sky, the NexImage 5 can image it.
Features of the Celestron NexImage 5 Solar System Imager
- 5 Megapixel color sensor with Micron Digital Clarity technology to dramatically reduce image noise levels.
- Small pixels sizes provide sub-arc-second planetary detail with most telescopes.
- View and capture live video on your computer.
- Software automatically filters out video frames most affected by poor atmospheric conditions leaving only the sharpest and clearest frames to be stacked and aligned into one high-quality image.
- Machined aluminum 1.25-inch adapter barrel makes NexImage compatible with most any telescope.
- Barrel accepts standard 1.25-inch eyepiece filters.
- 1.25-inch adapter barrel makes NexImage compatible with most any telescope.
- Camera control software allows you to manually change the gain, contrast, exposure time, frame rate, and color saturation using your PC.
- The camera body has integrated C-threads for a direct threaded connection to your telescope.
- Integrated IR-cut optical window.
- Selectable Region-of-Interest sub-framing.
- 2 x 2 and 4 x 4 binning capability.
- Progressive scan.
- Includes USB 2.0 cable.