Celestron EdgeHD 8 f/10 Optical Tube Assembly
- 8 Inch EdgeHD Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- f/10, FaStar Compatible to f/2
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Finder, Diagonal, and Eyepiece Included
- Aluminum Tube; only 14 pounds
Celestron EdgeHD 8 f/10 Optical Tube Assembly
See the Universe in HD
The Celestron Edge HD 8 is an aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma; it also provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
True Astrograph Quality
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrographs" actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for some visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with the flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars, but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. With StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface, the Celestron EdgeHD 8 gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
In addition to its optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 95-micron micromesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. Add the optional reducer lens—custom-designed for this optical tube—and you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A Barlow gives you added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging.
- Individually Tested - Every EdgeHD 8 that ships has been tested not only for the surface quality of each optical component, but also with a camera and artificial star to ensure the imaging system meets our rigid quality assurance. This “final acceptance test” confirms the telescope will perform in the field and deliver high-quality astroimages
These superior features make the new Celestron HD series the new gold standard in astroimaging. The Edge is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field-of-view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as astrograph quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Now let's talk about Celestron quality... Superior edge performance not only creates rounder/ more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron EdgeHD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
|Aperture||203 mm (8")|
|Aperture||203.2 mm (8")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||24 TPI)|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||843x|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|OTA Mount Type||CGE Dovetail|
|OTA Weight||14 lbs.|
|Tube Weight||14 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron EdgeHD 800, 203.2 mm (8 Inch) Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- 9x50 Optical Finderscope
- 1.25 Inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece/ 40 mm Plossl, 51x mag.
- Dovetail Plate, CGE mount compatible
- 2 Year Warranty