- Aperture: 14 Inch EdgeHD Telescope
- Focal Ratio: f/11, down to f/2
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Optical Design: Astrograph Grade Cassegrain
- Celestron's Flagship line Telescope
Celestron 14" EdgeHD OTA with CGE Mount Plate
Celestron's 14" Edge HD is an astrograph quality telescope of great quality, perfect for the astronomer looking to capture the full majesty of deep space through imaging. The EdgeHD is Celestron's flagship product line of telescopes, and it shows in every inch of the product. These are high-end astrograph level Cassegrain telescopes meant to provide the absolute best optics possible. These telescopes produce totally coma-free images that are high definition to the very edge-of-field when used correctly, reliably.
These superior features make our new Celestron HD series the new gold standard in Astro Imaging. The EdgeHD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as 'astrograph' quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. Edge HD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Now let's talk about Celestron quality... Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
- Mirror Support Knobs - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount.
- Tube Vents -Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- FaStar Versatility -All EdgeHD optical tubes are FaStar compatible for imaging down to f/2 with optional accessories.
- Brighter Star Images - Light becomes more concentrated when focused precisely. This maximizes image brightness.
OPT Product Number: CE-91060-XLT
- Celestron 1400 EdgeHD Corrected SCT OTA
- CGE Mount Plate
- 9x50 Optical Finderscope
- 2 Inch Axiom 23mm Eyepiece
- 2 Inch Star Diagonal w/1.25 Inch Adapter
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What is the diameter of the secondary mirror obstruction ?
Celestron states that the obstruction is 32% by diameter, which corresponds to 4.5" - but this may be for the secondary mirror, not the Fastar housing, which is likely closer to 5.0" in diameter.