- Very portable and easier to set up than most EQ mounts.
- Payload capacity of 55 lbs.
- Fully Computerized Go-To mount
- Compatible with SkyPortal Wi-Fi module and StarSense AutoAlign
- Downloadable CGX Control Software which was co-created with Planewave Instruments
Celestron CGX German Equatorial Mount
The Celestron CGX German Equatorial Mount offers an amazing balance between performance and portability. Every inch was designed with ease-of-use in mind.The ergonomic tripod, internal cabling, homing sensors, improved adjustment knobs and carry handles make, this mount incredibly easy to transport and setup. The dual saddle, which accepts both Losmandy and Vixen style dovetail bars, increases the range of telescopes that can be attached to the head. With mount and tripod weighing only 63lbs (44 lbs for the head, and 19.2 for the tripod), the CGX will accurately track astrophotography equipment weighing up to 55lbs!
Like most Celestron mounts, the CGX includes the upgraded Nexstar hand controller which has over 40,000 objects in its database and mini USB port for direct PC connectivity. The mount is also completely compatible with SkyPortal WiFi Module and StarSense AutoAlign allowing the mount to be controlled by a computer, smartphone, or tablet and have the ability star align itself.