Celestron CGX-L 1400 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Celestron CGX-L 1400 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
The Celestron CGX-L 1400 SCT is a powerful system that offers a 0.33 arc seconds of resolution spread out over a 0.53 degrees angular field of view. Observe remarkable planetary and lunar views with its limiting magnitude factor of 15.3 and a practical magnification limit of 840X.
- Increased 75 lb load capacity. Exceptional load capacity to weight ratio.
- Additional Aux accessory ports and autoguider port on the Dec axis for better cable management.
- Larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels to better and more accurately drive heavier loads.
- Longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to better support larger optical tubes.
- Massive 70 mm stainless steel tripod legs with a wider stance for improved stability under heavy loads.
- New accessory tray holds three 1.25-inch and two 2-inch eyepieces with an upright stand for your smartphone or tablet.
- Heavy-duty, 31.5 mm stainless steel counterweight shaft to support additional counterweights.
- Fastar compatibility will help you image your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of time!
- Optional add-on polar axis finderscope custom designed for CGX and CGX-L.
- Supports WiFi and wireless operation accessories such as StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module (sold separately).
- Integrated handles for easy transport and portability.
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs.
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system.
- Easy to read latitude scale.
ABOUT THE GERMAN EQUATORIAL MOUNT
The German Equatorial mount is a time-honored choice for its stability and portability - more stable because the center of gravity is directly over the center of the base and more portable because it can be broken down into smaller components for easy storage and transportation.
For astrophotography, the German Equatorial mount offers easier balancing, unlimited space at the rear of the telescope tube to mount a camera, and whole sky access. Now you can enjoy all of the most sought-after Celestron NexStar software and database features combined with the high standards and unflinching tradition of the German Equatorial mount.
FEATURES OF THE CGX-L SCT GERMAN EQ
- Compact, lower profile equatorial head provides improved stability and portability. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time.
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads.
- Heavy-duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation at full capacity.
- Clear windows built into motor covers so pulleys and belts can be monitored.
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh.
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and lower accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags.
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevent cable tension and tripod strike.
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation.
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset.
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail-safe.
- Includes Celestron's new PWI telescope control software, co-developed by PlaneWave Instruments. Software features multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy.
- Software Polar Align: “All-Star Polar Alignment” allows quick and very precise polar alignment. Align on any bright named star without extra polar alignment accessories, apps, or other assistance.
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3 degrees to 65 degrees latitude range.
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle.
- Plus 20 degrees of additional tracking past the meridian on either side.
- Redesigned tripod has a widened stance for added stability. The minimum tripod height has also been lowered per user feedback.
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport.
- Mount Type: Computerized Equatorial.
- Instrument load capacity: 75 lb (34 kg).
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 908.05 mm - 1339.85 mm (35.75 inches to 52.75 inches).
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 69.85 mm (2.75 inches) Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section.
- Latitude adjustment range: 3 degrees to 65 degrees.
- Accessory Tray: Yes.
- Tripod Weight: 46.2 lb (21 kg).
- Weight of Counterweights: 3 x 22 lb.
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds - max speed 3 degrees per second.
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar.
- Tracking Modes: EQ North & EQ South.
- GPS: N/A.
- Dovetail Compatibility: Dual saddle plates (CG-5 and CGE saddle).
- Number of Auxiliary Ports: 4 Aux ports (Hand Control can use any Aux port, 2 are located near dovetail saddle).
- Autoguide Port: Yes, 2 ports (one is located near the dovetail saddle).
- USB Port: Yes, input for Mount and Hand Control.
- Power Requirements: 12V DC, 3 amps.
- Motor Drive: DC servo motors.
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align.
- Periodic Error Correction: Yes.
- Computerized Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection.
- NexStar+ Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects.
- Software: PWI Telescope Control Software, Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App.
- Total Kit Weight: 210.8 lb (95.61 kg).
OPTICAL TUBE INFO
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain.
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40 mm (1.57 inches).
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 98x.
- Finderscope: 9x50.
- Star Diagonal: 2-inch with 1.25-inch adapter
- Optical Tube: Aluminum.
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 51x.
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.39 arc seconds.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 114mm (4.5 inches).
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 32%.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 10%.
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT.
- Optical Tube Length: 787 mm (31 inches).
- Optical Tube Diameter: 400.5 mm (15.77 inches).
- Optical Tube Weight: 46 lb (21 kg).
- Dovetail: CGE Dovetail Bar.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||355.6 mm (14")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||3.29”x16 tpi|
|Dawes Limit||0.33 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||3910 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||75 lbs|
|Latitude Range||3 to 56 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||2581x|
|Mount Head Weight||52.6lbs|
|Power Consumption||12V 2.5A max|
|Slew Speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tube Weight||45 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Worm Wheel Diameter||114mm|
- 14-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA.
- CGX-L, Computerized German Equatorial Mount.
- CGX-L Tripod with 2.75-inch Adjustable Steel Legs.
- Accessory Tray.
- NexStar+ Hand Controller.
- 9x50 Optical Finder.
- 2-inch Star Diagonal with 1.25-inch Adapter.
- 40 mm Eyepiece with 98x Magnification.
- 3 Counterweights, 22 lb each.
- DC Power Cable, Cigarette Lighter Adapter.
- 8 mm Allen Wrench in the rear carry handle.
- NexRemote CD ROM Software.
- 2 Year Warranty.