- A 203 mm (8-Inch) Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- 800 times magnification to unaided eye
- Internal Cabling
- Uninterrupted views across the meridian
- Easy use carrying handles & turning knobs
- FASTER Compatible
Celestron CGX 800 EdgeHD Telescope
Celestron CGX 800 EdgeHD Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
Introducing the EdgeHD Telescope Series, Celestron's dependable flagship telescope line- fused to their CGX Mount, the newest and greatest in German Equatorial mounts. With a proven telescope to mount atop it, the CGX is sure to provide you with some of the finest astronomical experiences you've had to date!
The EdgeHD is by now a well proven and tested brand, with its quality well assured by thousands of satisfied customers.. and Celestron has chosen to pair it with their amazing new CGX mount! This mount is years in the making, and is the by-product of years of thought and planning on how to redesign the very concept of a German Equatorial mount from the ground up and the top down!
The EdgeHD is Celestron's latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astro-imagers. The new Edge High Definition telescope series features an Aplanatic Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma-free images. But there is a difference.... the optical difference. Not only is the Celestron Edge coma free, but it also has a built-in field flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High Definition star images throughout your astrophotographs.
These superior features combined with Celestron's recently introduced and cutting-edge CGX mounts make the new Celestron EdgeHD series the new gold standard in Astro Imaging. The Edge HD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view. Once again, Celestron sets the benchmark!
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. Edge HD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Now let's talk about Celestron quality...
The Celestron CGX Mount is an innovative new design that improves on its predecessors in every imaginable way.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGX mount is incredibly ergonomic, from the convenient carrying handles to the easy to use and turn knobs.
Splendid Engineering- This mount boasts drastically reduced backlash and improved stability. Incredibly rigid, this mount also boasts an improved motor system that greatly boosts the provided torque. It's simply superior to its predecessors in every way.
Innovation - The Celestron CGX series boasts internal cabling that utterly bypasses the issue of cable twisting or tangling by letting you route all your own power supply and accessory cables into a convenient port on a part of the mount that moves- from which they enter into the mount, utterly contained, and reach everywhere they need to on the inside without any tangling issues. Neat and clean!
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGX mount will track a full 20 degrees past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGX mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, utilizing a top quality Nexstar hand controller.
Celestron's leading edge new CGX mount is the current pinnacle of German Equatorial Mount Engineering. Boasting a wide range of new and improved features, this mount is simply top quality. It's just plain better than it's competition and predecessors.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
Celestron CGX 800 EdgeHD Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Features
- Mirror Support Knobs - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount.
- Tube Vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- FASTAR Versatility - All EdgeHD optical tubes are FASTAR compatible for imaging down to f/2 with optional accessories.
- Brighter Star Images - Light becomes more concentrated when focused precisely. This maximizes image brightness.
- CGX Mount Features - Increased payload capacity, All Star polar alignment, ergonomic design, permanent periodic error correction, meridian tracking, robust data and internal RA and DEC motor wiring.
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer. Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation. Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port. Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography.
- Included Accessories: 40mm Eyepiece, 9X50 Finderscope and 1.25" Star Diagonal.
OPT Product Number: CE-12055
- CGS 800 EdgeHD Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- CGEM-II mount
- CGX Tripod with 2-inch adjustable steel legs
- Accessory Tray
- 9x50 Optical Finder
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25-inch 40 mm Plossl Eyepiece
- (2) Counterweights, 11-pounds each
- DC Power Cable/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- NexRemote CD ROM Software
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.