Celestron 11" EdgeHD CGX Telescope
- Pinpoint stars are perfectly visible from edge to edge, no matter the size of your eyepiece or imaging sensor with this OTA. The Celestron CGX provides the best optical performance with its EdgeHD flat-field and coma-free optics.
- The aluminum optical tube features integrated 95-micron mesh filters allowing for hot air to escape from behind the primary mirror. The primary mirror is held in place by mirror support knobs to keep everything secure during movement and imaging.
- This Celestron CGX EdgeHD design allows for 3 focal ratios including native f/10, f/7 with an added focal reducer, or, by adding third-party accessories combined with the removable second mirror, ultrafast imaging at f/2.
Computerized Mount Features
- More sturdy and rigid than previous designs with an improved dampening time
- Load capacity of 55 lbs.
- With innovative, new motors, this design provides more torque and improved slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- The belt-drive system minimizes potential backlash with its hardy design, providing smooth operation with heavy loads
- The Celestron CGX EdgeHD reduces friction while providing optimum gear mesh through its spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gears
- Never worry about tangling cables again with internal cable design. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- The internal hard stops prevent tension on your cables and remove the possibility of your OTA striking the tripod on both axes, with limit sensors automatically shutting off slewing or tracking before damage could be done
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
- Easy startup night after night with home sensors allowing saved index positions
- Software includes multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy and many more additional features for remote astroimaging
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize the center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle
- Developed cooperatively by Celestron and PlaneWave Instruments for easy, professional control
Improved tripod includes:
- 2" legs of steel made for quick leveling with height markers
- Comprehensive accessory tray holds three standard sized eyepieces, two 2" inch eyepieces, a smartphone, and other accessories that stays attached when folded
- +20° of additional tracking past the meridian on either side
- Wide leg span for a sturdy foundation
- Two handles for easy pickup and transport
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- An innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
- Newly-added ergonomic latitude adjuster for smooth, convenient adjustment under full loads
- Optional add-on polar axis finderscope - coming soon
- NexStar+ hand controller with innovative design and USB port
- Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately)
- USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software
- Autoguider port
- PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
Superior edge performance not only creates more round and more pleasing stars but also improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. Celestron’s StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface gives the EdgeHD maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods hold the mirror in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece or sensor.
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 95-micron micro-mesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging telescope available today. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. If we add the optional reducer lens we can increase the field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A Barlow gives us added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
The EdgeHD series is well-known for its professional craft, and this is enabled through rigorous testing provided by the manufacturer. Each OTA system is tested extensively to ensure each piece is operating at optimal levels. The surface quality, imaging capacities, and observational limits are tested in Celestron's rigid quality assurance program. Never will a product leave the facility if it does not pass the "final acceptance test."
Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
The new CGX was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and therefore more stable setup; a better drive system; remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors; easier polar alignment adjustments; and better cable management. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX is our new Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes.
|Aperture||279.4 mm (11")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||3.29”x16 tpi|
|Corrected Image Circle||42mm|
|Dawes Limit||0.42 arcseconds|
|Dew Shield Size||305mm|
|Focal Length||2800 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||55 lbs|
|Latitude Range||3 to 65 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||1593x|
|Mount Head Weight||44lbs|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Power Consumption||12V 5A max|
|Slew Speed||5 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tube Weight||28 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|