The Celestron CGEM II EQ Mount is renowned among the astronomy and astrophotography community. This computerized German equatorial mount (CGEM) is capable of carrying high-end and heavy-duty telescope systems up to 40-pounds, making the CGEM II able to accommodate most astronomers from those just starting out, to those who are buying their last mount. This equatorial mount is one of the best for both imaging and visual observing thanks to its vibration-free and durable design. Tracking is guaranteed to be smooth so that both viewing experience and your images will not be tarnished. Opt for the exceptional Celestron CGEM II when considering your next upgrade.
Celestron CGEM II EQ Mount Head Design
Built with a comfortable user experience in mind, the CGEM II (also called the CGEM2) is ergonomically friendly when it comes to both use and portability. Convenient to carry and easy to adjust with large Altitude and Azimuth knobs, you'll never again have to deal with the nuisance of small, flimsy knobs when getting ready for a night of imaging or stargazing. As an added bonus, you're essentially able to use any telescope OTA desired with this mount thanks to the dual saddle design. Whether you're employing a Vixen/CG-5 dovetail, or a Losmandy/CGE style, the CGEM II is perfectly compatible.
Easy Alignment and Correction
Celestron has implemented the innovative polar alignment procedure called All-Star, which allows you to choose any bright star for the mount to calculate its location. This makes for a smooth alignment process and gets rid of a lot of the hassle that comes with lower-end mounts. Another great feature of the CGEM-II, sure to please astro-imagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) which lets you train the worm gears to effectively correct themselves the more they're used.
For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM-II mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging. With a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user-defined programmable objects, and enhanced information on over 200 objects, the CGEM II has all bases covered to get rid of any hassle in the hobby.
Highlighted Features of the Celestron CGEM II EQ Mount
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software.
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation.
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation.
- Tracking past the Meridian
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC)
- Long clutch levers for easy adjustment
- Solar System alignment for day use
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you to set a maximum slew rate.
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use.
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of the telescope via computer.
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory.