Celestron CGEM II EQ Mount
Celestron CGEM II EQ Mount
Capable of carrying Celestron's higher-end SCT optical tubes, the Celestron CGEMII German Equatorial Mount is secure, vibration free and ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Equipped with GoTo Technology, in addition to new and improved saddle and ergonomic designs, this Mount has much to offer!
- Ergonomic Design- Ergonomically friendly with large and comfortable Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment.
- Innovation– new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM-II, sure to please Astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Performance- For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM-II mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the ideal part of the sky and has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
- Versatility- The Celestron CGEM-II series implements a new dual saddle design that greatly expands your options for what telescopes to use in conjunction with it. It permits both Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetails on the saddle.
- 40 lbs payload capacity
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software.
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||40 lbs|
|Latitude Range||15 to 70 Degrees|
|Mount Head Weight||40lbs|
|Power Consumption||12V 3.2A|
|Slew Speed||4 degrees per second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & Losmandy|
|Total Weight||85.2 lbs|
|Tripod Weight||19.2 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron CGEM-II Mount
- Tripod with 2-inch Adjustable Stainless Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray
- DC Power/ Car Battery Adapter
- 1 Counterweight, 17 lb
- NexRemote+ Hand Controller
I wasn't sure if I should get my old mount fixed or get a new one. I dropped the old one while moving. I'm glad I invested in the new one. It's built like the proverbial brick ....house.
Excellent goto mount
I bought this mount through my school to use with my students. It has worked out great! So far I have used it 4 times for just visual use. It has been easy to setup and align, and the goto has worked great. I currently have a 4" refractor on it. In the future, I will be using it to image too.