Celestron CGEM-II Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Heavy duty German Equatorial Mount with full Go-To Computerization
- Load Capacity: 40 lb
- Latitude Range: 15 degrees - 70 degrees
- 40000+ Object Database
Celestron CGEM-II Computerized Equatorial Mount
The Celestron CGEM-II mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron's higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. With a whole new saddle design and more ergonomic design, the improvements are just waiting for you to benefit from them.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGEM-II mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. These knobs have been redesigned in the CGEM-II to be easier and more comfortable to grip as well. The internal RA/DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The Celestron CGEM-II series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM-II, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGEM-II mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the ideal part of the sky. The CGEM-II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM-II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Versatility- The Celestron CGEM-II series implements a new dual saddle design that greatly expands your options for what telescopes to use in conjunction with it. It permits both Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetails on the saddle.
Features of the Celestron CGEM-II Equatorial Mount...
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low-speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS Compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
OPT Product Number: CE-91523
- Celestron CGEM-II Mount
- Tripod with 2-inch Adjustable Stainless Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray
- DC Power/ Car Battery Adapter
- 1 Counterweight, 17 lb
- NexRemote+ Hand Controller
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Dear Friend, What is the diameter of counterweight bar? Att, Túlio
The counterweight shaft has a diameter of 20mm.
Dear Friends, what is the diameter of counterweight bar in this mount? Att, Tulio
The diameter of this counterweight shaft is 20mm - the same as the original CGEM and many other mounts.
Does this mount come with the polar scope, or does it have to be purchased separately? Thank you
The mount does not come with the polar scope. You have to buy it separately.
Since the CGEM II Mount "..uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment", What do I get better than that if I add the "StarSense autoAlign."
Hello and thanks for your inquiry. The Star Sense does not do polar alignment. Adding the starsense increases your overall tracking and pointing performance but the polar alignment accuracy is determined by the user. Check page 16 of the star sens manual.