- 235 mm (9.25-Inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Tracks 20 degrees past the meridian
- Programmable PPEC
- Clear Window gear covers
Celestron CGX 925 Computerized Telescope
The Celestron CGX 925 Telescope is a 235 mm (9.25-inch) Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope on a CGX Mount.
Some 40 years ago, Celestron founder - Tom Johnson - introduced the first Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes into the amateur astronomy market and began a revolution. Now, Celestron's CGX-925 takes performance to a new level beginning with the extreme optical quality of the 9.25-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain combined with Starbright XLT coatings mounted on Celestron's newly engineered and innovative CGX mount. This new take on a tried and true design has given the world another Celestron classic - one capable of carrying the load securely and vibration free... and taking both astroimaging and visual observing to new heights.
With a telescope capable of gathering 1127X more light than the human eye, the precise f/10 optics of the Celestron C925 SCT offer up an incredible 0.49 arc seconds of resolution spread out over a 0.53 degree angular field of view. With a limiting magnitude factor of 14 and a practical magnification limit of 555X, we're talking about a telescope able to deliver remarkable planetary and lunar views. When sky permits, you can expect to see details like delicate divisions in Saturn's ring structure, details on Mars, and follow Jupiter events, (like shadow transits and Great Red Spot appearances,) with ease. Star clusters will transform into well-resolved facets, galaxies will take on structure, and difficult double stars will yield their companions. With a low-end magnification limit of 34X, just add a wide field eyepiece, or open both eyes wide with Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewers, and enjoy panoramic vistas of extended nebulae and sweep the heavens for every last photon!
What sets the 9.25-inch Celestron CGX 11098 apart from competitor models is simplicity and durability. The 9.25-inch CGX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy procedures and adjustments. The intuitive All-Star system allows users to choose any bright star from the NexStar hand control, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Then, just kick back and enjoy. The CGX-925 database will provide over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects for your celestial viewing pleasure.
The amazing new Celestron CGX Mount is the product of many long years of rethinking and redesigning the German Equatorial mount from the top to bottom. The results speak for themselves- behold the finest example of a GEM available, a true marvel of engineering that combines surprising affordability with absolutely top-notch quality. As a quick summary- The CGX is simply more responsive, with spring-loaded worm gears and belt drives that minimize backlash. Internal cabling means power and accessory ports do not move with the mount, and there are also home and limit switches, as well as internal hard stops for both RA and Dec to prevent cable wrap and tripod strike. Ergonomics have also been massively improved overall, ranging from the carry handles to the adjustment knobs, making setup and takedown both infinitely easier. Another fascinating feature is that there is a clear window built into the motor covers, letting you keep an eye on the pulleys and belts.
Still more? Then consider the many features that make the Celestron CGX a "gem" for astrophotography, too. It can be as simple as adding a Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager to the CGX-925 or even just adapting a digital camera. Not only will it track a full 20 degrees past the meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky, but the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. Autoguide port and auxiliary ports are conveniently located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography and include a designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack and ST-4 compatible guide port. You'll find an RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer and NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control. Software features include; mount calibration, database filter limits, hibernate, five alignment procedures, and user-defined slew limits. What's even better is that it's all flash upgradeable. Just connect to the Internet to update your hand control software and motor control units. You can even add an optional Celestron GPS unit!
The Celestron CGX 925 carries on the Celestron tradition of performance, durability, and value. Major colleges and universities worldwide use Celestron telescopes in their astronomy programs and the Celestron telescope line has been chosen over all competing models by NASA to be taken on several Spaceshuttle research missions. Why not add a Celestron SkyScout to the fun? Celebrate the International Year of Astronomy with Celestron and bring that kind of quality home to your backyard tonight... After all! They've only gotten better with time and experience!
Celestron CGX 925 Telescope Features
- Double line, 16-character liquid crystal display hand controller with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons for easy operation of GoTo features.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Included star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- 6x30 Finderscope and 25 mm Eyepiece and Car Battery Adapter help to complete your observing needs.
- Ultra-sturdy 2-inch leg diameter adjustable height steel tripod with secure locking mechanisms, tipped ends and captive central accessory tray.
- Computerized equatorial mount offers nine slew speeds: 5 arc/sec, 2 arc/sec, 1 are/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x, EQ North and EQ South tracking modes and Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking rates.
- Five available alignment procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align with a software precision of 24-bit, 0.08 calculation. Polar alignment is also a fully valid option.
- Software Features: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, and user-defined slew limits - all flash upgradeable for downloading product updates over the Internet.
OPT Product Number: CE-12051
- 9.25-Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- CGX Mount
- Tripod with Adjustable 2-inch Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray
- 6x30 Optical Finder
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25-inch 25 mm Eyepiece
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 2 counterweights, 11 pounds each
- DC Power Cable/ Cigarette lighter adapter
- NexRemote CD ROM Software
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.