Celestron CGX 925 Computerized Telescope
- 235 mm (9.25-Inch) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Tracks 20 degrees past the meridian
- Programmable PPEC
- Clear Window gear covers
Celestron CGX 925 Computerized Telescope
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 235 mm (9.25")
- Focal Length: 2350 mm (93")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece: 25 mm (.98")
- Magnification of Eyepiece: 94x
- Finderscope: 6x30
- Star Diagonal: 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 555x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 34x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.59 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.49 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1127x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 85 mm (3.35")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 13%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 559 mm (22")
- Optical Tube Weight: 20 lbs (9.07 kg)
- Dovetail: CGE Dovetail Bar
- Mount Type: Computerized Equatorial
- Instrument load capacity: 55 lbs (25 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1200.15 - 1968.5 mm (47.25 - 77.5")
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 50.8 mm (2") Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section
- Latitude adjustment range: 3° - 65°
- Total EQ Head Weight: 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg)
- Weight of Counterweights: 2 x 11 lbs
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds - max speed 4°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North & EQ South
- Dovetail Compatibility: Dual saddle plates (Vixen and CGE saddle)
- Number of Auxiliary ports: 2 (1x Hand control port and 1x AUX Port for optional accessories)
- Autoguide port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC, 4 amps
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC servo motors
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Periodic Error Correction: Yes
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Software: PWI Telescope Control Software, Starry Night Special Edition
Computerized Mount Features:
- All-new design. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Increased load capacity to 55 lbs.
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevents cable tension and tripod strike
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Celestron PWI developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments for professional level control operation and imaging
- Software includes multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy and many more additional features for remote astroimaging
- Wider tripod stance for improved stability
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle
Improved tripod includes:
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- "Jack of all trays" can hold three 1.25" eyepieces, two 2" eyepieces, your smartphone, or other accessories
- +20° of additional tracking past the meridian on either side
- Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
- Two handles for easy pickup and transport
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
- All-new ergonomic latitude adjuster for smooth and easy adjustment under full loads
- All-new NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately)
- USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software
- Autoguider port
- PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
The Celestron CGX 925 Telescope is a 235 mm (9.25-inch) Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope on a CGX Mount.
Some 40 years ago, Celestron founder - Tom Johnson - introduced the first Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes into the amateur astronomy market and began a revolution. Now, Celestron's CGX-925 takes performance to a new level beginning with the extreme optical quality of the 9.25-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain combined with Starbright XLT coatings mounted on Celestron's newly engineered and innovative CGX mount. This new take on a tried and true design has given the world another Celestron classic - one capable of carrying the load securely and vibration free... and taking both astroimaging and visual observing to new heights.
With a telescope capable of gathering 1127X more light than the human eye, the precise f/10 optics of the Celestron C925 SCT offer up an incredible 0.49 arc seconds of resolution spread out over a 0.53 degree angular field of view. With a limiting magnitude factor of 14 and a practical magnification limit of 555X, we're talking about a telescope able to deliver remarkable planetary and lunar views. When sky permits, you can expect to see details like delicate divisions in Saturn's ring structure, details on Mars, and follow Jupiter events, (like shadow transits and Great Red Spot appearances,) with ease. Star clusters will transform into well-resolved facets, galaxies will take on structure, and difficult double stars will yield their companions. With a low-end magnification limit of 34X, just add a wide field eyepiece, or open both eyes wide with Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewers, and enjoy panoramic vistas of extended nebulae and sweep the heavens for every last photon!
What sets the 9.25-inch Celestron CGX 11098 apart from competitor models is simplicity and durability. The 9.25-inch CGX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy procedures and adjustments. The intuitive All-Star system allows users to choose any bright star from the NexStar hand control, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Then, just kick back and enjoy. The CGX-925 database will provide over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects for your celestial viewing pleasure.
The amazing new Celestron CGX Mount is the product of many long years of rethinking and redesigning the German Equatorial mount from the top to bottom. The results speak for themselves- behold the finest example of a GEM available, a true marvel of engineering that combines surprising affordability with absolutely top-notch quality. As a quick summary- The CGX is simply more responsive, with spring-loaded worm gears and belt drives that minimize backlash. Internal cabling means power and accessory ports do not move with the mount, and there are also home and limit switches, as well as internal hard stops for both RA and Dec to prevent cable wrap and tripod strike. Ergonomics have also been massively improved overall, ranging from the carry handles to the adjustment knobs, making setup and takedown both infinitely easier. Another fascinating feature is that there is a clear window built into the motor covers, letting you keep an eye on the pulleys and belts.
Still more? Then consider the many features that make the Celestron CGX a "gem" for astrophotography, too. It can be as simple as adding a Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager to the CGX-925 or even just adapting a digital camera. Not only will it track a full 20 degrees past the meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky, but the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. Autoguide port and auxiliary ports are conveniently located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography and include a designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack and ST-4 compatible guide port. You'll find an RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer and NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control. Software features include; mount calibration, database filter limits, hibernate, five alignment procedures, and user-defined slew limits. What's even better is that it's all flash upgradeable. Just connect to the Internet to update your hand control software and motor control units. You can even add an optional Celestron GPS unit!
The Celestron CGX 925 carries on the Celestron tradition of performance, durability, and value. Major colleges and universities worldwide use Celestron telescopes in their astronomy programs and the Celestron telescope line has been chosen over all competing models by NASA to be taken on several Spaceshuttle research missions. Why not add a Celestron SkyScout to the fun? Celebrate the International Year of Astronomy with Celestron and bring that kind of quality home to your backyard tonight... After all! They've only gotten better with time and experience!
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
- 9.25-Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- CGX Mount
- Tripod with Adjustable 2-inch Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray
- 6x30 Optical Finder
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25-inch 25 mm Eyepiece
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 2 counterweights, 11 pounds each
- DC Power Cable/ Cigarette lighter adapter
- NexRemote CD ROM Software
- 2 Year Warranty
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.