- 9.25 Inch Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Flat Focal Plane to the Edge
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Faster Compatible
- CGX Mount: Internal Cabling
- Tracks 20 degrees Past the Meridian
Celestron CGX 925 EdgeHD Telescope
Celestron CGX 925 EdgeHD Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
Introducing the EdgeHD Telescope Series, Celestron's new flagship telescope line... fused to their CGX Mount, the newest and greatest in German Equatorial mounts. With a proven telescope to mount atop it, the CGX is sure to provide you with some of the finest astronomical experiences you've had to date!
The EdgeHD is by now a well proven and tested brand, with its quality well assured by thousands of satisfied customers.. and Celestron has chosen to pair it with their amazing new CGX mount! This mount is years in the making, and is the by-product of years of thought and planning on how to redesign the very concept of a German Equatorial mount from the ground up and the top down!
The Edge HD is Celestron's latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astro-imagers. The new Edge High Definition telescope series features an Aplanatic Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma-free images. But there is a difference.... the optical difference. Not only is the Celestron Edge coma free, but it also has a built-in field flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High Definition star images throughout your astrophotographs.
These superior features combined with Celestron's recently introduced and cutting-edge CGX mounts make the new Celestron EdgeHD series the new gold standard in Astro Imaging. The Edge HD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view. Once again, Celestron sets the benchmark!
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Now let's talk about Celestron quality...
The Celestron CGX Mount is an innovative new design that improves on its predecessors in every imaginable way.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGX mount is incredibly ergonomic, from the convenient carrying handles to the easy to use and turn knobs.
Splendid Engineering - This mount features drastically reduced backlash and improved stability. Incredibly rigid, this mount also has an improved motor system that greatly boosts the provided torque. It's simply superior to its predecessors in every way.
Innovation - The Celestron CGX series boasts internal cabling that bypasses the issue of cable twisting or tangling by letting you route all your own power supply and accessory cables into a convenient port on a part of the mount that moves- from which they enter into the mount, utterly contained, and reach everywhere they need to on the inside without any tangling issues. Neat and clean!
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South,) the Celestron CGX mount will track a full 20 degrees past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGX mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, utilizing a top quality Nexstar hand controller.
Celestron's leading-edge new CGX mount is the current pinnacle of German Equatorial Mount Engineering. With a wide range of new and improved features, this mount is simply top quality. It's just plain better than its competitors and predecessors.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
Celestron CGX 925 EdgeHD Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Features
- 9.25 EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2350mm focal length (f/10)
- CGX Mount Features - Increased payload capacity, All Star polar alignment, ergonomic design, permanent periodic error correction, meridian tracking, robust data and internal RA and DEC motor wiring.
- 23mm Luminos 2" eyepiece included (102x)
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- 2" diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging.
- Tube vents with integrated 60-micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar Compatible optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CGX mount
OPT Product Number: CE-12056
- 9.25 Inch Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- CGX Mount
- CGX Tripod with 2" adjustable steel legs
- Accessory Tray
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- 9x50 Optical Finder
- 2 inch Star Diagonal
- 2 inch 23mm Luminos eyepiece
- 2 Counterweights, 11 lb each
- DC Power Cable/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- NexRemote CD ROMS Software
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.