- An 11 Inch Astrograph!
- EdgeHD Optics for 3X Flatter Edges
- All-Star Polar Alignment
- Dual Saddle Flexability
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Mirror Clutches
- Internal Cable Wiring
Celestron CGEM-II 1100 EdgeHD Telescope
Introducing the EdgeHD Telescope Series, Celestron's new flagship telescope line...
Celestron has taken another bold step as the market leader in telescopes with the introduction of their latest series of high-end telescopes. Since the moment they first started producing Schmidt-Cassegrain optical systems, Celestron has continued to design high-quality optics with pride. After years of research and development, they have now taken one giant step!
The Edge HD is Celestron's latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astro-imagers. The new Edge High Definition telescope series features an Aplanatic Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma-free images. But there is a difference.... the optical difference. Not only is the Celestron HD coma-free, but it also has a built-in field flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High Definition star images throughout your astrophotographs.
These superior features combined with our recently introduced CGX and CGEM-II mounts make the new Celestron Edge series the new gold standard in Astro Imaging. The EdgeHD is an aplanatic (corrected) Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Now let's talk about Celestron quality...
The Celestron CGEM-II mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron's higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11 Inch) securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - The Celestron CGEM-II mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provide a clean look and an easy and trouble-free set-up.
Innovation - The Celestron CGEM-II series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM 91526, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. Furthermore, a new dual saddle has resulted in this stellar mount having the capacity to mount either CGE-Pro style Dovetails or CGE-5 Dovetails.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGEM mount will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM 91526 mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron's CGEM-II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates the rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
Celestron CGEM-II 1100 EdgeHD Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Features
- Mirror Support Knobs - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount.
- Tube Vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar Versatility - All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar compatible for imaging down to f/2 with optional accessories.
- Brighter Star Images - Light becomes more concentrated when focused precisely. This maximizes image brightness.
- CGEM-II Mount Features - Increased payload capacity, all star polar alignment, ergonomic design, permanent periodic error correction, meridian tracking, robust data and internal RA and DEC motor wiring.
- Dual Saddle, Dually Flexible - The CGEM-II mount has a dual saddle design that allows use of both primary dovetail kinds.
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer. Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet via a USB 2.0 port on the hand control.
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking. Steel worm gear and 90mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel. Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation. Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port. Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography.
- Included Accessories: 23 mm wide-angle Luminos Eyepiece, 9X50 Finderscope and 2 Inch Star Diagonal with an 1.25 Inch adapter.
OPT Product Number: CE-12019
- CGEM-II 1100 EdgeHD Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- CGEM-II Mount: Equatorial/ Large Alt-Azimuth Alignment Knobs/ All-Star polar alignment and PEC/ Dual Saddle
- Tripod: 2 Inch Adjustable Steel Legs with Graduated markings
- Hand Controller: NexStar+
- 2 Counterweights, 17 lb each
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- Finder: 9 x 50 Optical
- Eyepiece: 23 mm (0.91 in) / 122x mag./Luminos
- Diagonal: 2 Inch/ Star/ with an 1.25 Inch adapter
- Power Adapter/ DC Cigarette Lighter adapter
- CD ROM: NexRemote
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.