Celestron Advanced VX Mount Package & Polar Finder with 6" Imaging Newtonian - Discontinued
Celestron Advanced VX Mount Package & Polar Finder with 6" Imaging Newtonian - Discontinued
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work or a combination of the two.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 - 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX Mount Specifications-
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2 inch
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
- Total Weight (lbs): 46 lbs (21 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64 inches (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44 inches(1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12 inch Length, 0.75 inch Diameter, 12 lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 1 x 11 lbs
- Payload Capacity: 30 lbs (14 kg)
- Latitude Range: 7-77 degrees
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- GPS?: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Polar Finder for CG-5, VX and CGEM Mounts
Accurate polar alignment is an essential part of a successful night imaging and observing. The Celestron 94224 Polar Finder is just the tool to help you achieve that perfect alignment! Now, it's time to calibrate with the three included chrome thumbscrews to ensure the Celestron Polar Finder is accurately aligned with the rotation axis. Full instructions for this procedure are included and it can be perfomed anytime in about a half hour. Once done, you can permanently leave the Celestron Polar Finder in place and there will be no need to repeat.
When you're ready to observe, just roughly polar align the mount and head to the machined dials on the Celestron Polar Finder. Dial in the appropriate information and you're ready to take a look through the 18mm aperture polar finderscope where you'll see an etched reticule. Adjust the mount's altitude and azimuth controls until Polaris (North Hemisphere) or is located in the small circle. You're now aligned and accurate enough for long exposure guided astrophotography or your most demanding observing session!
Aligning for the Southern Hemisphere is just as easy. Simply rotate your mount until the stars of the constellation Octans line up with the reticle pattern in the polar finder. Use the altitude and azimuth controls to make fine adjustments, and you're aligned!
Celestron Polar Finder Features
- Ease of alignment on the stars of Cassiopeia or the Big Dipper for the Northern Hemisphere or Octans for the Southern Hemisphere.
- Compatible with the Celestron CG-5 mount. VX Mount and CGEM mount.
- No batteries to change!
- One year Celestron Warranty
Celestron Product Number: 94224
About Third Planet Optics (TPO) Imaging Newtonian Telescopes-
If you are looking for a telescope that does a great job of imaging but doesn't come with the cost of a Ritchey-Chretien, check out the TPO Imaging Newtonian line of telescopes! All of our Imaging Newtonian optical tube assemblies, offered in apertures from 6 inches - 12 inches, have very fast optics for the widest fields possible. Image with a DSLR or small webcam all the way up to large sensor CCD cameras with these inexpensive yet effective Newtonians.
The optics on all TPO Imaging Newtonians consist of a parabolic primary mirror and an elliptical secondary, or diagonal. The mirrors are made from B270 white water optical crown glass, which is more thermally stable than glass traditionally used on other reflectors. A 91% aluminum coating is applied, and then over-coated with a layer of quartz for the ultimate in durability. The primary mirror cell is very sturdy, and has six collimation knobs that can be adjusted by hand with a push or pull of the knob. Collimation is made even easier due to the center spot marked on the primary mirror. The diagonal mirror is held in place with a thin four-vane spider.
There's a perfectly centered dot in the middle of the primary so you know exactly where your laser collimator should point. You stick the laser in where the eyepiece goes, so it bounces off of the secondary to the primary. If the primary is center marked, then all you have to do is match up your laser dot to the marked dot and you're collimated!
The optical tube assembly on the TPO Imaging Newtonian telescope is made of rolled steel and painted white. The ends of the tube are die-cast aluminum, which contribute to the OTA's rigidity. Steel is a bit heavier than traditional aluminum, but since it has a lower coefficient of thermal expansion, your telescope will tend to hold its shape (and therefore, hold focus) as temperatures fluctuate throughout the night. The inside of the OTA is painted in a matte black finish, which stops stray light in its tracks.
A 2 inch dual-speed Crayford-style focuser rounds out this package. The ridged focusing knobs are easy to turn, even with gloves on, and the 10:1 microfocusing dial allows for very small changes, or tweaks, in focus. It takes ten turns of the microfocusing knob to equal just one turn of the larger knob. There is also a little knob on the bottom of the focuser that controls the tension, so that you can make adjustments depending on the weight or distribution of your load. You will also receive a 1.25 inch compression ring adapter for use with 1.25 inch eyepieces, and a 35mm extension tube to help you match the back-focus requirements of your imaging equipment.
The telescope comes with dual split-hinged mounting rings that are made of die-cast aluminum and felted on the inside to cradle the OTA without scratching. There are threaded holes on the underside of the rings that allow installation on either a Vixen-style (included) or Losmandy-style dovetail plate. The top of the rings is also drilled so that you can mount accessories.
All TPO Imaging Newtonians come with an 8x50 straight-through finderscope. The ocular has a non-illuminated crosshair and has 13mm of eye relief. A quick-release mounting bracket is also included.
TPO 6 inch f/4 Imaging Newtonian Highlights-
- Aperture: 6 inches
- Focal Ratio: f/4
- Focal Length: 610mm
- White rolled steel exterior, flat black interior for higher contrast
- 2 inch dual-speed 10:1 linear Crayford-style focuser with 35mm extension & 1.25 inch adapter
- 8X50 White Crosshair Finderscope with Bracket & Dovetail Shoe
- Dual hinged rings with Vixen-style dovetail
- Weight: Only 10.5 lb.
- Length: 23 inches