Celestron Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- **NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LOSMANDY-D STYLE PLATES**
- NEW dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovtails
- Collects 84 percent more light than a 6-inch telescope
- StarBright XLT multi-coated Optics
- Uninterrupted across the meridian
- Latitude Range 7 to 77 degrees
- NexStar+ Hand Controller/ Multiple Language Programming
Celestron Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
NEWLY DESIGNED dual saddle plate compatible with both narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetails
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount which they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work, or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly...
The 8-inch f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly, also known as the "OTA", is one of the best-selling telescopes in the world. The f/10 focal ratio is classic when it comes to visual observations and planetary photography, and when it comes time to do some deep-space imaging, an optional focal reducer will effectively widen the field of view. The Celestron 8-inch SCT Advanced VX Telescope is a great all-around telescope choice, whether you are new to the hobby or are upgrading to a better instrument.
- Celestron's 8-Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly collects 84 percent more light than a 6-inch telescope.
- The 8-inch SCT's optics include Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports,
- Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Internal Clock
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||203.2 mm (8")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||24 tpi|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||30 lbs|
|Latitude Range||7 to 77 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||843x|
|Mount Head Weight||17lbs|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 3.5A|
|Slew Speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Dual Vixen & CGE|
|Total Weight||47 lbs|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs|
|Tube Weight||12.5 lbs|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron's Advanced VX 8-Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- VX Advanced Mount: Equatorial/ GoTo
- Tripod: Adjustable, 2-inch Stainless Steel Legs
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- Finderscope: 6 x 30
- Eyepiece: (1) 1.25-Inch, 20 mm Plossl, 102x mag.
- DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- Counterweight Bar: 12-inch Length, 0.75-inch Diameter, 12-pound (5.44 kg)
- Counterweight: (1) 11-pound
- Computer Hand Controller: NexStar+
- 2 Year Warranty