Celestron AstroMaster 70EQ Telescope
Celestron AstroMaster 70 EQ - 70mm Refractor on CG-2 Equatorial Mount
As a bonus, Celestron has included a nice selection of accessories for your new telescope with this purchase, which means you will be observing the same day you unpack the box. Accessories include two full-sized eyepieces, a Star Pointer finderscope for easy location of objects you wish to observe, and even software for your PC. "The Sky - Level 1" will let you study and print star charts from your computer screen... and that's just the beginning!
The Celestron 70mm AstroMaster telescope is a high quality, economical telescope with a superb optical system. These telescopes yield breathtaking views of the moon, Saturn with its ring structure, Jupiter and its belts, and hundreds of deep-sky objects including: galaxies, nebulae and star clusters. Add an optional solar filter and you can observe activity on the Sun. While observing, you'll notice that as the Earth rotates on its axis, stationary stars appear to move across the sky causing the object you're viewing will drift out of the field view. A telescope on a mount can be aimed at a celestial object and guided with the slow motion controls to track your target!
The Celestron AstroMaster 70EQ comes complete with a pre-assembled mount and tripod. The Celestron CG-2 equatorial mount is quite stable, with setting circles and slow motion controls on both axis for easy, smooth tracking. Strict adherence to Celestron's tough quality standards for manufacturing, assembly and testing ensures that each telescope not only performs well, but remains durable after years and years of use.
Celestron 70mm Astromaster EQ Telescope - 70mm Refractor on CG-2 Equatorial Mount Features
- Fully multi-coated optics for bright, crisp, clean images.
- Quick release dovetail attachment for user-friendly set-up and storage. No tools needed!
- Permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope projects a red laser dot onto a non-magnified viewing window for easy aiming.
- German Equatorial Mount with setting circles - to accurately locate and track sky objects.
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs with deluxe accessory tray for convenient access to observing tools.
- The Sky Level 1 planetarium software with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I am attempting to view mountains 35 miles away. I can bring in their shape and snow fields but I am unable to sharpen the image regardless of lens used. Any suggestions? Also, can I obtain an owner's manual for this scope? Thank you, Bill Valentine
The issue is likely due to the fact that there is 35 miles of air between you and the mountain. All that air acts like a weak lens that bends the light, and the more instability in the air (often caused by heat), the more distorted the view. Even the be