- A 114 mm (4.49 Inch) Newtonian Reflector Telescope
- Quick and Easy No-tool Setup
- Both Terrestrial and Celestial Viewing
- Slow-Motion Control to Track as Objects Move
- This Package Has it All, Telescope, Mount, and Tripod!
Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ Telescope
The Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ Telescope is a 114 mm (4.49 Inch) Reflector on a CG-2 Equatorial Mount. If you're looking for a great telescope appropriate for celestial viewing, then the Celestron AstroMaster Reflector Series is for you. Each AstroMaster reflector model is capable of giving views of our starry sky. With its time-tested durability and high-quality optics at an affordable price, the Celestron Astro Master makes a great first telescope!
As a bonus, Celestron has included a nice selection of accessories for your new telescope with this purchase, which means you will be observing the same day you unpack the box. Accessories include two full-sized eyepieces (one standard and one that erects the image at the same time), a Star Pointer finderscope for easy location of objects you wish to observe, and even software for your PC. The Sky - Level 1 will let you study and print star charts from your computer screen... and that's just the beginning!
The Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ is a high-quality, economical telescope with a superb optical system. These telescopes yield breathtaking views of the moon, Saturn with its ring structure, Jupiter with its belts, and hundreds of deep-sky objects including galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters. Add an optional solar filter and you can observe activity on the Sun. While observing, you'll notice that as the Earth rotates on its axis, stationary stars appear to move across the sky causing the object you're viewing to drift out of the field-of-view. A telescope on a mount can be aimed at a celestial object and guided with the slow motion controls to track your target!
This Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ comes complete with a pre-assembled mount and tripod. The CG-2 equatorial mount is quite stable, with setting circles and slow motion controls on both axes for easy and smooth tracking.
Strict adherence to Celestron's tough quality standards for manufacturing, assembly, and testing ensures that each telescope not only performs well but remains durable after years and years of use.
Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ - 114mm Reflector on CG-2 Equatorial Mount Features
- Fully multi-coated optics for bright, crisp, clean images.
- Quick release dovetail attachment for user-friendly set-up and storage. No tools needed!
- Permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope projects a red laser dot onto a non-magnified viewing window for easy aiming.
- German Equatorial Mount with setting circles - to accurately locate and track sky objects.
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25 Inch steel tube legs with a deluxe accessory tray for convenient access to observing tools.
- The Sky Level 1 planetarium software with a 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
OPT Product Number: CE-31042
|Aperture||114 mm (4.5")|
|Focal Length||1000 mm|
|Mount Type||Equatorial/ Manual|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|OTA Mount Type||Vixen Style Dovetail|
|Telescope Series||Celestron AstroMaster|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron's AstroMaster 114 EQ, 114 mm (4.49 Inch) Newtonian Reflector OTA
- Built-on StarPointer Finderscope
- CG-2 German Equatorial Mount
- Tripod with Adjustable 1.25 Steel Tube Legs
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #1: 20 mm, 50x Mag./ Erect Image
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece #2: 10 mm, 100x Mag.
- 2 Counterweights: 4.8 pounds each
- CD ROM Software: The Sky - Level 1
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty
Celestron 114 refector
Sooo glad I got it. There is nothing so easy to put together than this scope! I had fun putting it together. Can't wait to use it. Hope the rain will go away. Also got the Zhumell eye piece set with filters. So I know I'am good to go This thing looks great. I would buy it again. But with the eye set.
Great beginner scope
Easy assembly right out of the box...1st view of the moon was awesome...sturdy tripod..everything seems to be built to last..