Celestron 8" Newtonian Advanced VX Telescope
- 8" Newtonian Advanced VX Reflector Telescope
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- Uninterrupted views across the meridian
- Can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude
- NexStar+ hand controller/ multiple language programming
- 2 Year Warranty!
Celestron 8" Newtonian Advanced VX Telescope
- Celestron's 8" (200mm) Newtonian optical tube assembly, with its f/5 optical design, gives excellent wide field views.
- The 8" Newtonian's parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure, and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 and 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion!
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount which they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work - or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly...
The 8" Newtonian OTA offers up a wide field of view with a focal ratio of f/5. With 200mm of light-gathering capability, you can travel out of the solar system and into deep-space, but because of the more economical optics as opposed to a Schmidt-Cassegrain or other catadioptric design, this telescope will cost you a lot less. This reflecting telescope system, with its classic parabolic aluminized primary mirror, is a great way to enter the hobby, and if you decide you want something a bit bigger or of a different optical design, you can simply swap one OTA for another. Since the VX mount can handle up to 30 pounds, you'll have a lot of options.
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||203.2 mm (8")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" to 24 tpi|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Focal Length||1000 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||30 lbs|
|Latitude Range||7 to 77 Degrees|
|Light Gathering Power||843x|
|Mount Head Weight||17lbs|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 3.5A|
|Slew Speed||4 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Total Weight||47 lbs|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs|
|Tube Weight||12.5 lbs|
- 8" f/5 Newtonian Reflector OTA
- VX Advanced Mount
- Tripod: Adjustable, 2" Stainless Steel Legs
- 1 Eyepiece, 20mm Plossl
- Finderscope: 9x50 Optical
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs. (5.44 kg)
- 2 Counterweights, 11 lb each
- DC Power Cord/ Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- NexStar+ Hand Controller with a Database of 40,000+ objects
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- 2 Year Warranty