Celestron C11-A XLT Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA with CG-5 Dovetail Plate
- 11 Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA!
- StarBright XLT Optical Coatings
- Focal Ratio of f/10
- Only 27.5 pounds!
- Attach to your favorite CG-5 mount
- Finder, Diagonal, and Eyepiece Included
Celestron C11-A XLT Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA with CG-5 Dovetail PlateThe Celestron 279.4 mm (11 Inch) C11-A XLT Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Adapter (OTA) with CG-5 Dovetail Plate is available individually to be used with your favorite mount. Each OTA is made to the same exacting standards as those used on all their high-quality telescopes. All optical surfaces are coated with StarBright XLT coatings. These tube assemblies are equipped with the same dovetail plate as used on the CG-5 series for easy attachment to a variety of popular mounts.
Weighing only 27.5 lb, this telescope is still portable enough to be taken to dark skies, but it has 89 percent more light gathering power than an 8 Inch telescope. Using a f/6.3 Focal Reducer makes it usable with a wide variety of CCD cameras. As a visual instrument, you can search for all of the Messier Catalog, NGC, and Caldwell objects. Turn this scope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are within your reach.
Some of the Celestron C11-A XLT Optical Tube Assembly's Features...
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2800 mm focal length
- Focal Ratio of f/10
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25 Inch accessories
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Sturdy carry handle and large focusing knob for your ergonomic needs
- Includes dovetail plate compatible with CG-5 Advanced Series mount
OPT Product Number: CE-91067-XLT
Please Note: This optical tube assembly comes with a dovetail plate and will attach to mounts such as the Celestron CG-5, CG-5GT. This plate is a Vixen style dovetail plate which measures 1.75 inches in width. If your saddle is larger than this [Losmandy style] you will need a Losmandy style [4 inches on top 3 inches on bottom] dovetail plate. If you are unsure, please give us a call before you buy. Thanks!
- Celestron 279 mm (11 Inch), C11-A XLT Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- 9x50 Optical Finder
- 1.25 Inch Star Diagonal
- 1.25 Inch Eyepiece/ 40 mm, 70x mag.
- Dovetail Plate (Vixen Style) for CG-5
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Good evening. The selling model is the C11-A XLT as it is in the Celestron website? http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/astronomy/optical-tubes/c11-a-xlt-(cg-5)-optical-tube-assembly
Yes, this model and the one in your link are the same model.