Celestron PowerSeeker 60 AZ Telescope
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Celestron PowerSeeker 60 AZ Telescope
Celestron PowerSeeker telescopes are a great way to open up the wonders of the Universe to the aspiring astronomer. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features, and power.
Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year-round, and Celestron's PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for families looking for an affordable and high-quality telescope that will provide many hours of enjoyment for children and adults alike.
PowerSeekers are quick and easy to set up - even for the novice. Enjoy a tool-free assembly! The PowerSeekers with an EQ designation have sturdy equatorial mounts that are perfect for tracking objects in the night sky, and those with AZ designations include collapsible alt-azimuth mounts which are perfectly suited for terrestrial viewing as well as astronomical use.
The Optics Sets of All of Celestron's PowerSeekers include a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens that provides an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye! PowerSeekers are designed and manufactured using all fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity.
Their Erect Image Optics are ideal for both terrestrial and astronomical use. Locate and identify thousands of celestial objects on your laptop or PC with The Sky - Level 1 Software included FREE with every PowerSeeker model.
Celestron PowerSeeker 60 mm AZ Refractor Telescope Features
- Quick and easy tool-free setup.
- Slow-motion controls for smooth tracking.
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use.
- Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity.
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories.
- The Sky - Level 1 planetarium software with 10,000 object database and enhanced images.
|Aperture||60 mm (2.25")|
|Head Design||Altitude Azimuth|
|OTA Mount Type||Dobsonian Cradle|
|Telescope Series||Celestron Powerseeker|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
- Celestron PowerSeeker 60 mm (2.4-inch) Achromatic Refractor OTA.
- PowerSeeker Alt-Azimuth Mount/Tripod.
- 5 x 24 Optical Finder.
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece 1= 20 mm/ 35 x magnification.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece 2= 4 mm/ 175 x magnification.
- 1.25-inch Barlow Lens/ 3 x magnification.
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader.
- Manual slow-motion controls for focusing.
- CD ROM Planetarium Software: TheSky & First Light.
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty.
This telescope is a great tool for a beginner like me.However,there is a slight turning of the telescope whenever I lock the azimuth adjuster of the mount.If this issue was not present, I would have given it a 6 stars rating!
Maybe i'm using it wrong, but I barely can see anything once I have a star or planet in sight. Plus the viewing looks all grainy and quite perhaps in black n white. I was expecting to see color or something once I had it aimed at something in the sky. Idk.. not worth the buy in my opinion, but considering how much it costs to ship it out, now i'm stuck with it. Very disappointed :(
PB, I hope that you will read this and contact Celestron or OPT and see if they can figure out what is wrong. It is hard to tell from your review, but even with a 60mm refractor, you should be able to get clear images of the Moon, planets, and the brightest deep sky objects. Something could be wrong with the telescope, or you could be using the accessories incorrectly.
Don't give up on your telescope! If you have an astronomy club nearby (search the internet) take your telescope to one of their meetings and see if they can help. Good luck, and if you have success, please come back and review this telescope again. - Penny